The last six weeks | Vital Football

The last six weeks

SKEGGY

Bringer Of The Seasons
I've been receiving intensive treatment for Militarised complex PTSD at Audley Court in Newport Shorpshire, at the Combat Stress treatment centre.

I've had nightmares and flashbacks for several years. I also suffer panic attacks, depression, anxiety and have complex anger issues. I have various triggers which can provoke any of the fore mentioned symptoms. I also suffer from emotional numbing and deep rooted paranoia.

Over the time at Audley Court I've learnt coping techniques and received several sessions in EMDR. This has left me exhausted and made me relive events I'd buried deep for over two decades.

I have now turned a corner but I still have work to do. This has all been carried out at tremendous cost. Cost met by charity donations, the government and namely the MOD refuse to accept that PTSD exists.

If you feel obliged to give to a military based charity please give to Combat Stress DO NOT GIVE TO HELP FOR HEROES.

It's hard to know what to say, Skeggy. Guys like your goodself have paid a heavy price for serving your country. My thoughts are with you.

My thoughts are also with you Skeggy dude, the risk good blokes like yourself do is not recognised nowhere near enough, many of my family served the army its in the bloodline and its about time soldiers was treated as hero's AFTER aswell they have served our country, strikes a nerve to me seeing good men like yourself having to go through hell yet don't get the recognition nor taxpayers help to help back the service and your life you put in,

Im happy you are turning the corner Skeggy tell us regular how your getting on dude and any problems or concerns i and many others will listen and help a fellow Villan that is a hero cos remember thats what you am keep up the good work dude!

Proud of you buddy for this thread.

Looks like being able to admit and post something as personal as that means some corner had been turned.

And there has been me bullshitting people when they asked where you were. I said sex change op!

Good on you mate. As you know I believed the sex change comment from Fear hence sending you that slinky black number

Well done Skeggy for seeking the help you require to help your life going forward. It takes a brave person to face their demons and overcome them. Well done, and I raise a glass to your continued good health.

Skeggy, you are an incredibly strong guy, I wish you the best of luck with all of this and happy you have turned a corner and were able to receive some help and treatment.

I find it deplorable that some people (including governments) don't recognize PTSD as real. Especially when it affects so many who have defended and fought for their country. Disgusting really when you think about it.

Bless you Skeggy. Thank you for the trust of sharing your health problems. I wish you well on your journey of recovery with all this. Like BBJ says it is hard to know the right words to say, though I have my own story has you know, it is still hard to find the right words.

It takes courage to speak out about it, especially when you are male, I am told. Yes I will remember that.

Only the other day I seen Help the Hero's in town shaking their tubs for charity and I remembered you saying 'don't give to them' at the time of Lee Rigby death.

Take extremely good care of yourself. Glad to see you popping in again

I wondered where you'd been Skeggy.

Fair play and good man!

Can't have been easy posting that, so my heart goes to you dude.

I've never actually heard of that group and I know Google is easy, but with the way the interweb works, have you got direct links you can put up mate, along with fundraising pages etc.

Proud of you dude, and here's towards not only turning the corner, but exiting it :14:

Can only echo the comments of others here mate. :1:

http://www.combatstress.org.uk/

To help get the interlinking going! I hope that's the right one mate?

The Fear - 15/12/2013 22:56

Proud of you buddy for this thread.

Looks like being able to admit and post something as personal as that means some corner had been turned.

And there has been me bullshitting people when they asked where you were. I said sex change op!

I think you'll find that the op was part of the treatment.

Seriously though, good on you Steve...............or should that be Stephani?

Good on ya buddy been having the same treatment myself well counselling anyway for the same disorder I was suffering flashbacks sleep deprivation anger and depression so I guess you know what the three f's are.

Hope all turns out well!

Reading your opening post, I actually can't believe the Government and MOD refuse to acknowledge PTSD! Didn't know that was still their official stance, fucking terrible!

villawill - 17/12/2013 15:44

Hope all turns out well!

Reading your opening post, I actually can't believe the Government and MOD refuse to acknowledge PTSD! Didn't know that was still their official stance, fucking terrible!

I have just re-read after I had read yours: Seems it's hypocrisy/double standards or/and departmental. They don't want to recognize it because of the cost and possible compensation claims.

The government do recognize it as it is 1 of the descriptors of welfare benefits in a broad spectrum for claimants of DLA and so on.

It's about money not anything else