The Kortney Hause Thread | Page 9 | Vital Football

The Kortney Hause Thread

Just a quick point of order, is it "Horz" or "House"?

I've always pronounced his name as "House" but on the interviews on FB from AVTV, they always say "Horz"

Some statistical analyst guy on twitter put up this graph outlining the centre backs in Europes top leagues that win the most aerial duels and win the most loose balls.

Yes that name in the very top right miles ahead of everyone else is indeed Kourtney Hause. Officially the most dominant centre back in the air in Europe, and he can whack away a loose ball too. Just needs to not pass the ball directly to attackers and he'll be grand.

Some statistical analyst guy on twitter put up this graph outlining the centre backs in Europes top leagues that win the most aerial duels and win the most loose balls.

Yes that name in the very top right miles ahead of everyone else is indeed Kourtney Hause. Officially the most dominant centre back in the air in Europe, and he can whack away a loose ball too. Just needs to not pass the ball directly to attackers and he'll be grand.
He must be worth a fortune on the moneyball system, perhaps Brentford will blow their wad on him if they get up :wahey:

He must be worth a fortune on the moneyball system, perhaps Brentford will blow their wad on him if they get up :wahey:

Exactly why stats piss me off , he's a big lad and wins most of his battles in the air and we can all see that anyway the rest of his game is nowhere near where it needs to be yet . There again he's playing on the wrong side so credit to him. Could well turn out better than Mings who will surely be looking to leave if we go down

He's done quite well. He does have a howler in him but for every match he has played with Mings he has been at least as good as Mings, one cost a couple of million the other £26m or so.

As mentioned in the match thread, Hause hasnt exactly faced difficult opposition but he has had a very assured dependable presence about himself since he came back in. He is much better than any of the CBs who were promoted and honestly he may be as good as anything at Brighton or Arsenal from what we've seen so far this season. I think the only CB in the bottom six better than him is Tarkowski.

Albion and Burnley are exactly the kind of opposition Hause is ideal against. Not much pressure from the attack in terms of closing down or pressing when he and Mings have the ball. Lots of long balls, balls played into channels and crosses. He's officially the most dominant cb in Europe in the air and he's pretty quick as well so perfect conditions for him the last 2.

Can he do it against better teams that will offer a more varied threat though? Konsa and despite the ridiculous slating he's been getting Mings are still our best cb pairing. Hause is also our second best lb though. Great to see him doing well as he, like Mings was an important part of our revival in the championship.

He might be the man to start against palace with this guy called Christian Benteke starting for palace. Benteke doesn’t like a man tight to him giving him a tough game, and we know what Haus can do in the air.

I would start him against Palace.

Never rated the guy at all, but can't really criticise him at all. 2 solid performances.

Only caveat would be that neither Burnley or West Brom really offered any attacking intent whatsoever, so it was kind of easy for both him and Mings.

Would still prefer Konsa back on Boxing Day although appreciate that would be harsh on Hause.

I just want to clarify as a footballing centre half, Hause has a long way to go. Only when a game is in the air does he seem to have good games. His passing is terrible and he’s all left foot which leaves him exposed. I’d worry about him in a game which is more technical on the floor and good teams who press high on him.

I wish Mings did Hause’s role and let Konsa be the drop off defender because Mings could be world class at that added to the fact he’s a very good footballing defender, but doesn’t seem to want to battle with a striker for 90 minutes.