The Kortney Hause Thread | Page 4 | Vital Football

The Kortney Hause Thread

As much as I'm not a big fan of Elphic I think he should pair Hause at the back while Chester gets some much needed attention to his knock he has been carrying, you can definitely see it has effected him this season, maybe from trying to hard last season but we need to get him back to his best.

Also the fact that Chester has played nearly every game for 2 seasons could have taken its toll too.

Reckon it makes sense to play Hause at left CB at least while Chester is recovering. Chester's done pretty well there considering right CB is his natural position. DS is obviously keen that players play in their natural position so playing Hause there makes sense.

Fact that he can play LB is also useful as cover for Taylor. That probably leaves Bree and Cafu competing for RB. Our defence begins to look better.

Stronger defence and if Tammy is staying then maybe we can up the optimism levels.

I wish him well at Villa Park and hope he is a great success that we end up buying.

I also hope we have learned some lessons in loan contract clauses!?

Last edited:
Don’t think I’ve seen two poorer performances in a players first 2 games. He was absolutely shocking last night. Looks completely out of his depth being used by a manager also looking like he needs a life raft.

He needs time - 4th appearance of the season and only made 4 last year as well.

After a block of 10 we can better judge if he can live up to his early hype/find his form before he became a casualty of the Portuguese invasion or whether the time out has ended the early fire.

After a block of 10 we can better judge if he can live up to his early hype/find his form before he became a casualty of the Portuguese invasion or whether the time out has ended the early fire.
Definitely needs game time, looked slow of thought rather than shite. Jury's out atm

Your right but I have to say he couldn’t even do the basics right last night, like most of em. The way he hit the ball out of play was shocking.

It's that game speed Merd.

Agree Tarzan, I'm just willing to give more leeway given how crap up to speed players were rather than deciding the fate of someone with an excuse, if that makes sense.

10 games is enough to judge, maybe not write off, but enough to decide if they need a hard month on the training ground before getting another shot.

Considering he's hardly played, was being played out of position and everything in front of him was dissolving I didn't think he was that bad. He wasn't good though.

I agree. He was a centre half playing at left back , in much the same way Carlos Cuellar did at right back.

I agree. He was a centre half playing at left back , in much the same way Carlos Cuellar did at right back.

Possibly the best bit of ridiculous, stubborn, bloody minded stupidity of the MON era. Playing a big, slow lump who can't pass at right back when we've luke young on the bench. Up there with paying 10m for Curtis Davies then hardly playing him because he didn't like him. Mind you I did see cuellar attempt to do a step over once so that was a laugh at least.

It's that game speed Merd.

Agree Tarzan, I'm just willing to give more leeway given how crap up to speed players were rather than deciding the fate of someone with an excuse, if that makes sense.

10 games is enough to judge, maybe not write off, but enough to decide if they need a hard month on the training ground before getting another shot.
Not sure. Always remember my old man telling me during THAT talk, “Son, never get involved with Hause...” how he knew we’d sign someone of that name 55 years later is a spooky mystery to me......

I’d be playing him in a back 3 with Elmo & Hutton as wing backs el ghazi in no 10 roll because I’m :bounce:

I've also said that we should go 3 at the back, it makes sense now.

Why he hasn't tried El Ghazi in that position is beyond me as we may have a ready made replacement for when JG goes next season.