The Keinan Davis Thread | Page 35 | Vital Football

The Keinan Davis Thread

He's the sort of player who should be good at winning headers in the box, but he isn't. Think his game is too limited. Can see him doing a good job for say Cardiff, but that's his level. If we're thinking of a Tammy level forward, there's no place for him.

We dont really play to Keinans strengths, he needs the ball into him early when he is 1 on 1 with CB's not when he is outnumbered 2 or 3 to 1 in the box.
It would probably be in his own interests to move on as I cant see him ever being more than a last 10 minutes sub for us.

We dont really play to Keinans strengths, he needs the ball into him early when he is 1 on 1 with CB's not when he is outnumbered 2 or 3 to 1 in the box.
It would probably be in his own interests to move on as I cant see him ever being more than a last 10 minutes sub for us.
i'd keep him for that very role you described. Every squad needs a player like him

i'd keep him for that very role you described. Every squad needs a player like him

We rarely provide the service he needs though, it isnt the way we play. I suppose it depends if he wants to play regularly or if he is happy with 5-10 minutes here and there. When Wes is back he probably drops behind him in the pecking order as well

He needs to play with someone alongside him. I am confident that with him and Ollie upfront, Ollie will get many more chances to score. KD did not lose the ball even once if I am not wrong to any of the defenders trying to dispossess him.

The Everton co-commentator today said that you need to provide Davis with the right service, get the ball wide and delivered into him.

I don’t see him like that at all, you could stick 100 balls into him and 99 would end up in the Lower Holte.

What you need is players who play off or near him, he brings the midfielders behind into play well and can work the ball down in the final third for the wingers to get the ball. When he does that build up work, he actually tends to find himself a bit away from the box to get on the ball on the edge of a cross.

Having a team that services the ball to him in the box, is a waste of time. Put him in a team to build up the play and service other people, is the only way he fits in.

I think today sort of definitely proves one thing we all knew.

He's an impact sub, worthy of helping change a game physically when given 30 minutes at the end. That's his role.

My thoughts exactly Mike. Dont know if he was pacing himself for the full 90 minutes but I've seen him have more impact in 10 minutes than he had in the whole of the game tonight.

Agree, at his best we've seen him bully physically and get a snap shot off or be a lay off merchant for a snap shot from someone else.

He's not a Lee Chapman, or Drogba or anyone who thrives on crosses for me either. I appreciated his late efforts on the wing but I would fine him every time he moved wider than 5 yards from the penalty spot as that's his sweet spot for effect.

The worrying thing about all this is that I have clicked 'like' twice on MF's posts on this subject.
200w.gif

You've been around long enough to know we don't tolerate that here Beo.

Get a grip of yourself and apologise to your family in the process!