The Keinan Davis Thread | Page 8 | Vital Football

The Keinan Davis Thread

I'd be using him more even if off the bench , he's a proper handful at the best of times let alone for tiring centre backs

Yup, happens quite regularly but doesn't get a lot of press. Free midweek for Port Vale I guess (or a run out after a knock?).

Keinan's best move would be a loan to the first division for the remainder of the season.
Agree. Unless Tammy goes back to Chelski (which I don't think will happen) - then he'd be our number 2/3 centre forward and could get some significant playing time....

Agree. Unless Tammy goes back to Chelski (which I don't think will happen) - then he'd be our number 2/3 centre forward and could get some significant playing time....

As number three choice Keinan wouldn't be getting any playing time that would be worthwhile.
He would learn much more from getting a six month loan to a first division club and being ready to push for a first team spot at Villa next season.

Keinan is the type of battering ram we need if we are struggling to break teams down though. He is far stronger and more difficult to knock off the ball than any of our other forwards. He just isnt as clinical a finisher unfortunately.

I like Davis and I hope he gets a chance under smith. He's obviously good in the air but his hold up play and dribbling are pretty good too. His finishing is what he needs to work on and I'd bet Smith will be focusing on that. I'd have him over Hogan every day of the week.

He's the only proper centre forward we have , I real monster of a player , sick of hearing about his finishing to be honest. i remember Benteke called the new Heskey . I think he proved otherwise and I'm sure Davis will be the same given the chances we make for Tammy

I get the feeling Keinan is going to have an injury riddled career. He may be better off trying to slim down a bit

Too many of our youth players go this way, there must surely be something going on?

And agree garygaryshaw, as do some ex players, too many bulk up these days and become too finely tuned.

Not sure what they want to be, Men's Health models or footballers.

I think the drive to make every player an athlete makes them more prone to minor injuries that put them out for a week or 2 at a time. Is this the players fault or simply another symptom of modern football. But then do modern players have longer careers in general because of it?

Bulking up would lead to stresses elsewhere, the original Ronaldo is a prime example. Back in his PSV days he was a skinny runt, bulked up with the help of steroids which meant there was too much weight on his knees where eventually he had his problems. You’d think the highly trained professionals at the club nowadays and whatever private hospitals they use would be able to sort his injury problems out for good.