The Keinan Davis Thread | Page 7 | Vital Football

The Keinan Davis Thread

Needs to start vs Hull imho

Tricky one, the promise of mid season hasn't been built on because Bruce seems to prefer Hogan or Grabban and hasn't found a system that will accommodate him. I feel that some how he's got to increase his goal scoring ratio and perhaps has to do that when introduced from the bench. Like to see him play with Grabban, perhaps using Jack in Hourihanes position.

I'd have started him weeks ago , apparently he doesn't score enough unlike Hogan who has 5 in 34 games or whatever it is . This lad is 19 people seem to forget this .

Davis is a unit who puts himself about massively creating all sorts of problems , I would be playing him now alongside either Hogan or Grabban .

Feeling a bit sorry for young Keinan, his breakthrough seems to have been halted by the arrival of Grabban and the return of Kodja. Already proved he's a handful for Championship defences, however he has not made the previous two match day squads.

Last night would have been an ideal opportunity for game time yet Onomah and Lansbury were preferred. Surely he needs to be involved between now and seasons end. Any thoughts.

I don't feel sorry for him really. He's played far more than he would have expected to this season I'd have thought.

Sometimes it does a young player good to come in, have some games and then have a bit of time out to reflect and improve.

It's hard for him though. The type of player he is for me he suits a 4-4-2 more and we don't play that.

I don't feel sorry for him really. He's played far more than he would have expected to this season I'd have thought.

Sometimes it does a young player good to come in, have some games and then have a bit of time out to reflect and improve.

It's hard for him though. The type of player he is for me he suits a 4-4-2 more and we don't play that.

Agreed that he's not the finished article at 18 but he'll only develop by playing. If we get promoted (big if) then I would guess a loan to a decent Championship side would be sensible. His strength would seem to be his ability to hold the ball, you would have thought that enlightened coaches could develop an alternative plan B strategy where his talent could be utilized. Would make more sense than throwing 4 strikers onto the pitch at random.

I agree. He did a great job for us filling in when we needed him but he didn't score enough to cement his place.

The 4-5-1 served us pretty well this season and changing at this end of the season would be madness but I still feel that there is a better formation for us. We've had too many bad games this season.

I think second half of the season he could have been more involved coming off the bench but when Bruce has used him it’s only been for a few minutes at the end of the game. I would much rather see Davis coming off the bench with 20-25 minutes to play than Hogan / Grabban, simply because Davis has the physicality to cause problems and to offer a different threat to the opposing defenders than our other forwards