The Keinan Davis Thread | Page 55 | Vital Football

The Keinan Davis Thread

There is a chance Davis turns into a Michail Antonio type, took the long route to the top and not really technical gifted but has great physical attributes and works hard and maximises what he has. But if his career does follow that route it would be for someone else, not us, as we’d never provide the game time for him. For £15m it’s a no brainier to cash in, I think even £10m would be a huge improvement for what we could have received prior to his loan spell.
spot on, Antonio was at a crossroads , sorted his diet out and started taking it very seriously as he could see there was a huge pot of gold waiting. Davis is no different , in many ways he has shown total resilience despite the setbacks and he could easily emulate if not go one further than Antonio. Don't write his future off at B6 just yet either

He's an ok player, especially in the second tier, but that's about it. In todays market if we could get 10mill with add-ons we should cash in. He will never be a regular at Villa and now is the time to offload while his stock is high.

The thing is I'd have driven Davis to any ground in the country and given him away for free 6 months ago.

A few decent games later (plus 2 months injured.... Again) and he's suddenly worth £15m? I just don't buy it. Hope it's true for the clubs sake but Forest would be absolutely insane.

Assuming he goes (which he absolutely should, I'd be shocked and amazed if SG kept him). The fee will probably be heavily performance-based and the upfront fee will be fairly low I'd imagine as low as 5M and all the way up to 10M which is probably unlikely. I think the add-ons will be semi-realistic and with his record I'd go with a sliding scale e.g. 5 EPL goals 500k up to 1M for 10+, I'd have payment bands for every 10 games he plays up to 50 appearances and then a 1 or 2M payout if they stay in the league.

That's the sort of deal that makes sense to me. I could see 8M upfront with 4M in add-ons. It all depends how much they really want him, we have leverage simply because we can choose to keep him but we also don't want to scare them off.

Throw in a decent sell on fee and a total fee of 12-15M is good, basically, the sell-on fee is schmuck insurance in case he turns into something useful in the league.

Assuming he goes (which he absolutely should, I'd be shocked and amazed if SG kept him). The fee will probably be heavily performance-based and the upfront fee will be fairly low I'd imagine as low as 5M and all the way up to 10M which is probably unlikely. I think the add-ons will be semi-realistic and with his record I'd go with a sliding scale e.g. 5 EPL goals 500k up to 1M for 10+, I'd have payment bands for every 10 games he plays up to 50 appearances and then a 1 or 2M payout if they stay in the league.

That's the sort of deal that makes sense to me. I could see 8M upfront with 4M in add-ons. It all depends how much they really want him, we have leverage simply because we can choose to keep him but we also don't want to scare them off.

Throw in a decent sell on fee and a total fee of 12-15M is good, basically, the sell-on fee is schmuck insurance in case he turns into something useful in the league.
And don't forget the buy-back clause (just in case).

If the add ons were to be heavily based on goals scored then we'd be fucked.

Davis has proved it now in just a handful of games including one of the biggest (financial) games in world football - Carpe Diem. Luiz has had more than x10 times as many games to confirm his total limitations at this level.
Davis has 1 PL goal and 1 assist in his last 34 appearances. Luiz has 2 goals and 3 assists in his last 34 appearances. Davis was playing as a striker and Luiz as an out-of-position defensive midfielder.

Luiz is a more effective striker than Davis.

Davis has 1 PL goal and 1 assist in his last 34 appearances. Luiz has 2 goals and 3 assists in his last 34 appearances. Davis was playing as a striker and Luiz as an out-of-position defensive midfielder.

Luiz is a more effective striker than Davis.

How bizarre was that bringing Luiz into the Davis thread. Although not really when you see who did.
Fisherman’s blues.

I read he is Injured again while at Villa on the preseason trip and will take no part in the final game - if he has any modicum of fitness after this hamstring injury for gods sake get him driven over to Forest and pay the team doing the medical. To think reports are saying he is valued at £10m - no chance with his fitness record - pay as you play deal with a nominal fee at best

I read he is Injured again while at Villa on the preseason trip and will take no part in the final game - if he has any modicum of fitness after this hamstring injury for gods sake get him driven over to Forest and pay the team doing the medical. To think reports are saying he is valued at £10m - no chance with his fitness record - pay as you play deal with a nominal fee at best

Oh no!...... How we gonna cope without him (shock, horror)?........

Seriously though, the sooner he's gone the better.

Just needs a run of games.

Cluedo, Monopoly, Connect 4, Guess Who?, Buckaroo.
I take it that's what people meant when they were banging on about him because he certainly won't be getting a run of football games will he.