The Keinan Davis Thread | Page 40 | Vital Football

The Keinan Davis Thread

Never going to make it at this level. Needs a loan but apparently too injury prone even for that. I hope I'm this latest injury news isn't true for his sake.

Why? No one else is breaking down like this. It's probably genetic with Davis.

Yep some people are just unlucky with their bodies and don't I know it , my own lad was in A&E every other week as a child with various injuries but his best mate played 4 times a week and until he fell off a scooter in Corfu and nearly died played football until he was well into his 30s.

I actually feel sorry for the guy with recurring injuries, as I do have a soft spot for him and desperately want him to succeed. Although he couldn’t score in a brothel, there are things he does in the game which are constructive but he needs goalscorers around him to work.

But it just isn’t right in a business sense to keep him on the books when he just isn’t going to deliver unless he somehow grows new ankles and knees. No doubt the club are doing this anyway, but perhaps he just focuses on strength and conditioning, rather than trying to get back to playing for a little while?

He’ll end up out of football at this rate well before he’s 30.

Last edited:
I actually feel sorry for the guy with recurring injuries, as I do have a soft spot for him and desperately want him to succeed. Although he couldn’t score in a brothel, there are things he does in the game which are constructive but he needs goalscorers around him to work.

But it just right in a business sense to keep him on the books when he just isn’t going to deliver unless he somehow grows new ankles and knees. No doubt the club are doing this anyway, but perhaps he just focuses on strength and conditioning, rather than trying to get back to playing for a little while?

I read that as the club are trying to grow him new ankles and knees :banana:

But it just right in a business sense to keep him on the books when he just isn’t going to deliver unless he somehow grows new ankles and knees. No doubt the club are doing this anyway, but perhaps he just focuses on strength and conditioning, rather than trying to get back to playing for a little while?

Out of interest were you a massive Emile Heskey fan?

That's the closest comparison I can make, all be it Heskey also knew where the goal was, but if you're saying Davis does the dirty work which his teammates would appreciate then I just wonder if you liked Heskey too?

I don't remember a single fan being happy when we signed Heskey yet he was a proven England International and like I say scored more than his fair share of goals. So I don't really get why he was always so hated and yet some people are desperate for a B-TEC Heskey to make it.

I just can't wait to see the back of him personally.

That's the closest comparison I can make, all be it Heskey also knew where the goal was, but if you're saying Davis does the dirty work which his teammates would appreciate then I just wonder if you liked Heskey too?

I don't remember a single fan being happy when we signed Heskey yet he was a proven England International and like I say scored more than his fair share of goals. So I don't really get why he was always so hated and yet some people are desperate for a B-TEC Heskey to make it.

I think its just because he's a likeable guy to be honest. No one can deny his lack of skills on the football pitch, but he does graft.

To be charitable to Heskey he was at least a fairly dynamic player with a decent record until around 2001/2002

Far from a fan, though I did think Heskey did contribute in the build up play particularly with Milner behind him. Davis has had a few glimmers where he has done that, where he’s been able to get the ball down up top and bring others into play. Having that option on 85 mins to bring a player on who can get the ball down and hold it up in the other half is not a bad thing in my book, but not a player who is injured for 80% of the season.

But yes, he is a Heskey mark 2 - absolutely. Heskey had a decent career overall though despite being a terrible goalscorer!

Heskey had a decent career overall though despite being a terrible goalscorer!

He's 23rd in the all time goalscorer list in the Premier League so he can't be classed as a terrible goalscorer.

He scored 1 less than Dion Dublin, just 3 less than Ian Wright. More than Darfren Bent and Didier Drogba.

Ok, so thats not taking into account games played, but I'm not having you say anyone in the '100 club' is a terrible goalscorer. He was just more known for his other play, but still scored goals.

Thats why Kienan just isn't a patch on him. His overall play isn't as good and he could score in a brothel.

He's 23rd in the all time goalscorer list in the Premier League so he can't be classed as a terrible goalscorer.

He scored 1 less than Dion Dublin, just 3 less than Ian Wright. More than Darfren Bent and Didier Drogba.

Ok, so thats not taking into account games played, but I'm not having you say anyone in the '100 club' is a terrible goalscorer. He was just more known for his other play, but still scored goals.

Thats why Kienan just isn't a patch on him. His overall play isn't as good and he could score in a brothel.

I meant a terrible goalscorer for us and later on in his career. Post Leicester and Liverpool, he was a 1 in 6.5 striker.

I’m actually one of the few who thought Heskey was slightly better than his reputation, not by much, but he did offer more in his all round than game that statisticians would know.

Any time anyone mentions Emile sodding Heskey I feel the need to mention he had a 1 in 10 scoring record for Villa, the same as Martin Laursen. Plus for us he'd lost his pace and couldn't trap a bag of cement so we may as well have had a 6ft tall sack of potatoes up top. I feel towards him the same way 57 feels about Wesley.

As for Davis. He'll be fine in the championship or league 1 but he's never a premier league player.