The Keinan Davis Thread | Page 38 | Vital Football

The Keinan Davis Thread

And yet quite a lot of people, including and most importantly, professional coaches at the club see a lot of ability and potential in him.
I fully agree that he'll never make a centre-forward but, I can see him being a solid centre-back or, maybe even a DM.

Nah....... left back................... in the dressing room.

:grinning:

It’s so funny reading suggestions to just re-train an inferior player to play central midfield :ROFLMAO:

It’s not primary school stuff, it’s elite level sport. Very few players can change permanent position, let alone one who is so inferior technically. And then to chuck them in the middle of the park where you need to be agile and have eyes in the back of your head.
He has a career in league 2, not central midfield.
So, basically, you need intelligent, adaptable individuals with a well developed skill set that suits them to the game of football. Could be a snag or two there.

I agree that Davis is not going to be retrained as a centre back. He’s the victim of a rigid attitude that pigeon holes young players at an early stage of their development. The Dutch team of the 1970s managed to persuade players that they could play in positions other than those they were accustomed to. They were an exceptional group of players but that calibre of player is few and far between. Certainly not in England.
The Dutch team of the 1970s were a group of intelligent free thinkers with a level of skill and adaptability that enabled them to implement a style of play that defied the standard of the day. Unfortunately it also revealed a trait of individuality that promoted friction within the group. They should have beaten the Germans but they allowed their hatred of their opponents to make them want to humiliate them rather than just winning the game.
Sorry, I’ve wandered off piste a bit there.They were a great team though and they rank alongside the Brazil 1970 team as one of those I could watch time and time again.
Back to Davies. He’s not on that class.

And yet quite a lot of people, including and most importantly, professional coaches at the club see a lot of ability and potential in him.
I fully agree that he'll never make a centre-forward but, I can see him being a solid centre-back or, maybe even a DM.

Seriously . You must be on the wind up.
Maybe DM now. This morning it was CB. :slap:

Make your mind up. And the professional coaches you talk about signed him and extended his contract as a FORWARD. Yet in your wisdom you know better than them and think he is not a forward but a CB . No sorry DM. No sorry CB , no I mean DM…..

Make your mind up. And the professional coaches you talk about signed him and extended his contract as a FORWARD. Yet in your wisdom you know better than them and think he is not a forward but a CB . No sorry DM. No sorry CB , no I mean DM…..

MD, I really wish for once in your life, you'd read something properly.
For one thing he wasn't signed to the club originally as a forward, he was signed as a kid that showed promise and potential as a footballer.
As for me thinking I know better than the coaches because I don't think he'll ever make it as a forward, well here's a bit of news for you, there are dozens on this site, not to mention other sites devoted to the Villa, who think the same, including you, only you don't think he'll make any kind of footballer, whereas I do. I can see ability and potential in him, just as the coaches including DS do. I just think he should be tried elsewhere. I haven't changed my mind about CB to DM either, read what was written.
I don't mind you criticising anything I write but, criticise what I write, not what you wish I had written.

It’s so funny reading suggestions to just re-train an inferior player to play central midfield :ROFLMAO:

It’s not primary school stuff, it’s elite level sport. Very few players can change permanent position, let alone one who is so inferior technically. And then to chuck them in the middle of the park where you need to be agile and have eyes in the back of your head.

He has a career in league 2, not central midfield.

So if you decide you want to be an electrician but, you aren't very good at it so your boss suggests you retrain as a plumber, or plasterer, or chippy, you'd stay as a crappy electrician doing third rate work, instead of retraining. Well good luck.

You and MD and a lot of others forget that Davis has a basic set of skills, that he is only 23 years old, in a sport where players do not hit their peek until they are between 27 and 30. That he is young enough to learn the arts and skills of playing another position.

Last edited:
Referencing Davis as a CB or dare I say DM. No. Just no. I've heard some things before but that takes the biscuit. A soggy one. Just no.
As a forward however. He has been crippled with injury and does have potential no doubt. He desperately needs a long stretch injury free and maybe a year playing regularly on loan. Then we can maybe judge a bit better. Until then, has anyone seen enough of him to make any statement? I know I haven't.

MD, I really wish for once in your life, you'd read something properly.
For one thing he wasn't signed to the club originally as a forward, he was signed as a kid that showed promise and potential as a footballer.
As for me thinking I know better than the coaches because I don't think he'll ever make it as a forward, well here's a bit of news for you, there are dozens on this site, not to mention other sites devoted to the Villa, who think the same, including you, only you don't think he'll make any kind of footballer, whereas I do. I can see ability and potential in him, just as the coaches including DS do. I just think he should be tried elsewhere. I haven't changed my mind about CB to DM either, read what was written.
I don't mind you criticising anything I write but, criticise what I write, not what you wish I had written.

Sorry but I think you're wrong there. He was signed as a teenager after impressing in a friendly for Biggleswade Town vs Villa under 18s. He'd been playing for them as a striker and was scoring goals in the southern Premier league for them at 17. We signed him and not long after that he appeared on the bench in a 2 nil win over Norwich, a game where all our other strikers bar Gabby and Davis were injured. He's always been a striker.

I don't think he needs a change of position, he needs a full season playing so he needs to either leave or be loaned. I think there will be plenty of championship teams wanting him in either case because whatever anyone may think he's the type of physical presence that managers will always want. It probably won't be premier league but I think he'll have a decent career at championship level as a target man.

So if you decide you want to be an electrician but, you aren't very good at it so your boss suggests you retrain as a plumber, or plasterer, or chippy, you'd stay as a crappy electrician doing third rate work, instead of retraining. Well good luck.

You and MD and a lot of others forget that Davis has a basic set of skills, that he is only 23 years old, in a sport where players do not hit their peek until they are between 27 and 30. That he is young enough to learn the arts and skills of playing another position.

At last !. Sense .

Get Keinan trained in a trade . Let’s face it that is where he will end up.

You are in this territory now…..keep digging …

I dunno, I think he may actually make for a good goalkeeper on second thoughts.

I have a soft spot for Davis but he has no place in our 21/22 set up. Loan or sell to a championship club asap and carry on building a squad for top 8.

Maybe the bloke employed by the club to fetch the balls from the bushes at BH has quit so they will actually have to move KD to CB , I mean DM, I mean wng back .....

Could be costly losing all those footballs and we won't be able to afford another championship midfielder or striker this summer :grinning:

Mings and SJ both representing England at the Euros. McGinn at the Euros with Scotland. Dougie at the Copa with Brazil. Martinez at the Copa with Argentina. Buendia has just become our record signing. The club likely to make more big signings this summer. And all everyone is talking about is Keinan Davis. You gotta laugh 😂😂

Mings and SJ both representing England at the Euros. McGinn at the Euros with Scotland. Dougie at the Copa with Brazil. Martinez at the Copa with Argentina. Buendia has just become our record signing. The club likely to make more big signings this summer. And all everyone is talking about is Keinan Davis. You gotta laugh 😂😂
But I reckon THIS season is the one he's really going to kick on.

....10 years later.....

But I reckon THIS season is the one he's really going to kick on.