The Keinan Davis Thread | Page 36 | Vital Football

The Keinan Davis Thread

Tell you what, Keinan was far from our worst player tonight. Not even close.

In fairness to him, the game was dogshit and no one stood out, but he doesn't seem to able to take his chance when he gets a start. The only time I remember him having a proper game was when he started against Norwich the day Hourihane scored a hattrick, he was brilliant that day, but has only shown glimpses since, and always from the bench in the last few minutes.

I believe that in football you have to set up your team to play to the strengths of your striker(s). The formation sort of works for us because Watkins can do the running of two men up front on his own. The central midfield hasn't been right all season.

There was a chance to try something new here because Davis can't do the running that Watkins does. I'm disappointed that Smith didn't take that chance.

I don't think that Davis is the answer to our quest to get into the CL spots. I'm not claiming that he is the messiah. I just wish we had a plan b.

What you need is players who play off or near him, he brings the midfielders behind into play well and can work the ball down in the final third for the wingers to get the ball. When he does that build up work, he actually tends to find himself a bit away from the box to get on the ball on the edge of a cross.

Having a team that services the ball to him in the box, is a waste of time. Put him in a team to build up the play and service other people, is the only way he fits in.

I firmly believe he'll excel somewhere but it won't be here. Swansea should probably sign him and Hourihane together they'd probably light up the Championship.

As Mike said he is limited to impact sub and for all his effort will be 3rd choice behind Wesley by the start of next season.

I actually think he has as much or more natural talent as Watkins but theres something about scoring goals that is almost just mentality and instinct. A drop down to the Championship is his best bet for a good career.

Unfortunately, I don't think a run in the team would make any difference to KD.

You have either got it or not and in my own opinion, he hasn't got what it takes for this top level of football.

It's also unfortunate that Dean Smith is the man in charge of all this and who clearly thinks a lot of him to put him in every first-team squad game.:hmmm:

Unfortunately, I don't think a run in the team would make any difference to KD.

You have either got it or not and in my own opinion, he hasn't got what it takes for this top level of football.

It's also unfortunate that Dean Smith is the man in charge of all this and who clearly thinks a lot of him to put him in every first-team squad game.:hmmm:

In fairness to Smith he is a striker and in all honestly the only other recognised striker getting a weekly wage of £1000's pounds so he has to stick him on the bench at least.

I agree with the rest of your post TH he is clearly not a Premiership player, I always use the benchmark "Would another Premiership want him because he would Improve their team" and the answer is No.

I really wish him well when he leaves, seems like a really nice bloke.

In fairness to Smith he is a striker and in all honestly the only other recognised striker getting a weekly wage of £1000's pounds so he has to stick him on the bench at least.

I agree with the rest of your post TH he is clearly not a Premiership player, I always use the benchmark "Would another Premiership want him because he would Improve their team" and the answer is No.

I really wish him well when he leaves, seems like a really nice bloke.

True Col but Smith must have been heavily involved in the club offering Keinan a new 4-year contract extension only last September 2020.

Can’t see Davis as a premier league standard striker I’m afraid. Let alone one that should next year be pushing for a top 6 place.

I don't know how many different ways you can skin a cat, but this thread is exceeding all expectation. Keinan Davis is not and never will be a goal-scorer, and therefore will never make it at this level. Wonderfully nice bloke I'm sure and tries his best. But then you can say that about Jordan Bowery or Marcus Allback.

Someone should take this lad aside and tell him he should become a centre half.

I think he could play attacking midfield, not for the level we want now (pushing top six in PL has to be our aim, he's not there sadly) but certainly in the Championship.

Whatever anyone's opinion of him might be the fact is that he will never get a run of games at this point at Villa. Ollie is undisputed number 1 striker. He's only missed time this season due to a terrible decision from a referee. Now Wesley is back and as he gets fitter will probably be given game time over Davis next season. There's every possibility that we'll sign another striker in the summer and we've also got Louie Barry waiting in the wings who has already scored for the first team in his only appearance.

He needs to play every week to ever get better. That will never happen here. Whether it's a loan somewhere or a permanent transfer for his own good he needs a move.

Sheff Utd paid £24m for Ryan Brewster, I'm not saying he's the answer but I'd rather have Keenan than Brewster. A goal or two would be great for his confidence, I hope he's comes on at palace and gets one.

im sure if he had got a run of games recently, it would have done him the world of good, he lacks confidence, goes with being left on the side lines for too long. he will have to wait now till next season, if he is still there, a real shame,,seanie

I guess it just goes to show the fine margins in the game. Keenan has some very good attributes to his game but not the complete package. Not so long ago Watkins was playing for Weston super mare but has kicked on . I hope Keenan can too to a level he can be a first team player at as high a level as he can achieve