The Keinan Davis Thread | Page 19 | Vital Football

The Keinan Davis Thread

A good player to bring off the bench to bully a tired defence but not a 100% starter as Dean seemed to think so.

But then what do I know?.....:rotfl:

Last edited:
A good player to bring off the bench to bully a tired defence but not a 100% starter as Dean seemed to think so.

But then what do I know?.....:rotfl:

This would seem a sensible tactic for some matches. I'd have hoped it would be one of several well thought out and employed tactics throughout the season.

Playing the wrong player with the wrong tactics in the wrong (not sure if that many wrongs make a right) does not help either the team or the player.

I think Davis could have been used better throughout the season, as could several other players.

This would seem a sensible tactic for some matches. I'd have hoped it would be one of several well thought out and employed tactics throughout the season.

Playing the wrong player with the wrong tactics in the wrong (not sure if that many wrongs make a right) does not help either the team or the player.

I think Davis could have been used better throughout the season, as could several other players.
He was injured for most of it

Think Keinan gets a bad wrap here. He definitely can play, he's a handful and has only had a few starts. Given a run he'll find his feet and score a few. There are not many 20 goal strikers anywhere anymore.

The reality of the situation is that he is not what we need right now. Maybe next season in the championship will be his breakthrough and his level. If we are a dominant team we can allow him more license. He's possibly the new Callum Robinson.

Samatta looks truly awful. Why do we always get crap scouts. Ian Story Moore, Paddy Riley, Suso / Pitarch. Who was that ex player aswell , oh. Fucking Glenn Roeder ! Years and years of incompetence

Thought Samatta looked great when he came. Seemed to have great positioning, anticpated crosses. That goal he scored in the cup final was perfect; don't think Wesley or Davis would have been anywhere near.

Then after the layoff he looks out of it. Think he's trying, but the opportunities aren't there. Maybe he's being asked to do things he doesn't understand. O'Kelly is supposed to be the forwards coach; maybe we need somebody better. Last season with Tammy up front he didn't really need coaching.

I just want to say I think this lad's role in us staying up is not appreciated enough.

Being able to bring him on and actually have the ball stick up front and relieve pressure on the backline was immense. And more than that critical for us seeing out games.

I think we often struggle to appreciate the dirty work and the work that goes against what we typically expect from players in certain positions.

I think for his career he needs to go out on loan or else he'll never amount to anything other than a bit-part player. I would tie him down for another 3 years, loan him out and reassess at the end of the year.

I just want to say I think this lad's role in us staying up is not appreciated enough.

Being able to bring him on and actually have the ball stick up front and relieve pressure on the backline was immense. And more than that critical for us seeing out games.

I think we often struggle to appreciate the dirty work and the work that goes against what we typically expect from players in certain positions.

I think for his career he needs to go out on loan or else he'll never amount to anything other than a bit-part player. I would tie him down for another 3 years, loan him out and reassess at the end of the year.

I'm sure there would be plenty of Championship clubs willing to take him. Just need to make sure he will definitely get game time and they ideally play in a similar way to how we plan to

Yup, offers a good game management outlet but nothing more sadly unless he can really 'link' others in better or find himself a goalscoring touch. Get a bloody good option (or two) and get him out on loan for a year to see how he goes.

But will it do us any good?

At the end of the day we're a business, some players make it some players won't.

Right now it benefits both parties with Aston Villa's name he's more likely to get a Championship move and showcase what he has.

Hopefully he has a blinder of a season and comes back with some much needed experience under his belt and could still be a useful player, If he performs adequately then Championship clubs might want to give us a small fee for him.

Failing that and he doesn't show anything just keep sending him out on loan until his contract expires in which case it doesn't cost us anything and in that time he's gained himself the experience to succeed at a lower level.