The Keinan Davis Thread | Page 10 | Vital Football

The Keinan Davis Thread

Of the four clubs in for him, I think he'd learn more from Preston.

Good call. They have a very good manager and do very well with limited resources.

I like Davis but he desperately needs to be a regular somewhere this season and that's not going to happen with us. A good loan move where he plays a full season and gets into double figures will do him wonders.

If he fan do that then he can put himself into contention for a place in our squad or put himself in the shop window.

Good call. They have a very good manager and do very well with limited resources.

I like Davis but he desperately needs to be a regular somewhere this season and that's not going to happen with us. A good loan move where he plays a full season and gets into double figures will do him wonders.

If he fan do that then he can put himself into contention for a place in our squad or put himself in the shop window.

I have a feeling about Davies and its not him making a name for himself as a striker but, as a centreback. I think he could be our next Kenny Swain or Alun Evens.

I would have thought Swansea would be more similar in footballing style out of those listed, but getting regular games is the most important thing for Keinan.

So what's the future hold for big K, some would have him traded permanently. Personally I would like to see him loaned out for the first half of the season to see if he can add goals to his strengths. If he can, he may still have a future with us.

Last edited:
So what's the future hold for big K,some would have him traded permanently. Personally I would like to see him loaned out for the first half of the season to see if he can add goals to his strengths. If he can, he may still have a future with us.

Loan and keep, potential beast

Lack of goals too much of a concern for me. Depends if a good offer comes in, I would sell.

IMO not had enough game time for a final judgement and is still young. Agreed that he may not develop and is not a natural box player like Abraham. Neither was Gabby and he ended up with England caps before his decline.

He needs to play. That's the only way he'll develop what skills he's got. Don't think the odd cameo off the bench for us will do him any good. Loan if possible. Selling would be a mistake if we can get him a good loan.

Not writing off Wesley or overly criticizing but it I think giving Keinan a shot in the next game will give Wes a kick up the arse and we know Keinan will work his socks off.

He did enough in his appearance off the bench to warrant a start for me. He brought a bit of life and a lot of hunger and desire which was lacking. I think the lads were feeling a bit defeated and sorry for themselves at 1-0 with a red card and he fought and tried to make things happen. I think the few times he put his foot on the ball and tried to get us up the pitch put a little life in Jack and Grealish to have another go.

Reactions: OVB
Not writing off Wesley or overly criticizing but it I think giving Keinan a shot in the next game will give Wes a kick up the arse and we know Keinan will work his socks off.

He did enough in his appearance off the bench to warrant a start for me. He brought a bit of life and a lot of hunger and desire which was lacking. I think the lads were feeling a bit defeated and sorry for themselves at 1-0 with a red card and he fought and tried to make things happen. I think the few times he put his foot on the ball and tried to get us up the pitch put a little life in Jack and Grealish to have another go.

I agree with most of your second paragraph, although it must be said that Deano also changed the tactics with the Lansbury-Wesley sub to get Jack into more dangerous areas (a "false 9" if-you-will). I completely agree that Keinan added some much needed mental-impetus into the team. You could sense a change in mindset when the team saw a second striker coming on after going down to ten men. I think he was the catalyst for much of our good play after he came on, as the two Palace centre-backs didn't know what to do with two big centre-forwards.
Having said all that, we've seen first-hand that Keinan struggles in front of goal - he's not a natural goal scorer, whereas I believe Wesley has a goal in him. I think that Wesley is (just) a better option at this stage, and will hopefully find some motivation in that his direct-competition is certainly giving the gaffer food for thought.
The game now requires substitutes, and if we have a few that can actually come on and make an impact such as Keinan did on Saturday and ElGhazi the week before, then that can only be a good thing.