The Jolley revolution | Page 3 | Vital Football

The Jolley revolution

You do realise this is the worst period in their history and the best in ours, yet we are still in the same league as them? You also realise that it's a matter of time before they regain their rightful position in the English second tier and we plummet back down the ladder?
Anyone with any common sense can see we've fluked this, the Cowleys will leave anyday now and we'll be groundsharing with Lincoln United playing in front of hundreds. Grimsby on the other hand will get their new stadium sorted, Fenty will plough millions into the club, they'll unleash the massive potential in one of the most vibrant and fast growing towns in the country and leave us for dead.
You'd be a fool to think we could compete with everything they have behind them, and don't for a minute think they care about us, their rivals are the two Sheffield clubs and Hull, little old Lincoln are a minor inconvenience, soon to be dealt with.
Enjoy the game on Saturday, it will likely be the last time we'll be lucky enough to visit the mighty mariners for a long long time.

You do realise this is the worst period in their history and the best in ours, yet we are still in the same league as them? You also realise that it's a matter of time before they regain their rightful position in the English second tier and we plummet back down the ladder?
Anyone with any common sense can see we've fluked this, the Cowleys will leave anyday now and we'll be groundsharing with Lincoln United playing in front of hundreds. Grimsby on the other hand will get their new stadium sorted, Fenty will plough millions into the club, they'll unleash the massive potential in one of the most vibrant and fast growing towns in the country and leave us for dead.
You'd be a fool to think we could compete with everything they have behind them, and don't for a minute think they care about us, their rivals are the two Sheffield clubs and Hull, little old Lincoln are a minor inconvenience, soon to be dealt with.
Enjoy the game on Saturday, it will likely be the last time we'll be lucky enough to visit the mighty mariners for a long long time.

I realise your comments are tongue-in-cheek........ to a degree.

The worst period in GrimsbyTown's history was being in The Conference league for six years - as was ours.

Our best period was when we were in League Division Two (Championship) playing the likes of Liverpool, Everton, Spurs, Leicester and many more top teams. No arguing with that.

You only need to look at the league tables through history to see the amazing fluctuations in fortunes for many teams.

History dictates that nearly every team in the bottom two leagues will flirt with the dreaded conference in the next 20 years or so.......

Yeah they've got Jon Welsh, best midfielder in league two, apparently...
Yeah and we wont have seen him play? Dont they realise teams prepare for games with video analysis? Is he a tough tackling midfielder or something?

You do realise this is the worst period in their history and the best in ours, yet we are still in the same league as them?.......

Ha, ha I guess that's taken from the Fishcake or whatever they call their forum?

In reality, there's truth in it. Nobody without red and white striped blinkers can claim that, historically, they have not been the bigger club, except for brief moments in time. They were once a top flight club though you'd have to be as old as Methuselah to remember it.

Unfortunately, and I fully understand the psychological reasons behind it, most of them have not been able to cope with the new reality, that the old order has been overturned.

It's like the stages of grief, and sadly most are still trapped in denial. As there's quite a bit of anger as well I guess some have moved on slightly.

But it will take a long time for them to gain acceptance.

I said before the season began that the Jolley Revolution has all the hallmarks of a disaster. I do not wish to come across as wise after the event, but let it be known that I am willing to make this exception.

Still having a go on the fishy at the Cowleys with the usual stuff, school teachers, moaners, lump it forward etc...
So very bitter on there.
Worry about yourselves guys.
Cowleys record after today played 127 won 73 drawn 30 lost 24, by the way they're talking MJ must have a better record than the 'one trick pony' moaning school teachers.....

Hopefully we will be exiting league 2 in the upward direction, and it would appear that neither the Cods nor C_unty will be joining us on that journey if their current form continues. This of course would nullify the lucrative local derby income for the Imps, so let's hope both of 'em are in a dogfight at the foot of the table!

PE teachers just like mourinho was so they know nothing , liincoln just lump it forward , grimsby play football the way it should be played and look were they are , can see them going down this season

Michael Jolley's managerial record:

P34 W9 D9 L16
Points per game: 1.05 (equivalent to 48 points over a 46-game season)
Win percentage: 26%

(League games only - his record including cup games is even worse.)

Michael Jolley's managerial record:

P34 W9 D9 L16
Points per game: 1.05 (equivalent to 48 points over a 46-game season)
Win percentage: 26%

(League games only - his record including cup games is even worse.)

That’s worse than Kewells 31.6%.