The Jed Steer thread | Page 3 | Vital Football

The Jed Steer thread

I'm still blaming Petrov for the Tonev signing. Simon Dawkins was arguably his most pointless, I noticed he signed him again for Ipswich this January. So far he's made 2 sub appearances for a total of 34 minutes - there's got to be some back handers involved there surely

Jesus christ I forgot all about Dawkins, what a nothing player he was and still is by the looks of it, should of had Holman playing the CAM but he was bullied out the club.

Before he saved the kick I said to the bloke next to me that he would, I remember Lambert saying Steer is the man you want in goal to face a pen

It was an outstanding save too. Low and hard into that “awkward area” for a keeper where 9 times out of 10 it goes under your hand. Not only did he get to it but strong enough hand to push it up and out....

I must admit that his time at Charlton has improved him beyond all recognition, before then I didn't rate him at any better than a mid-table Division Two keeper.
Whoever coached him at Charlton managed to take his faults and turn them around.
For his own, as well as the club's, sake, I hope he continues to listen to his coaches and keeps improving his game.
You never know, he might improve enough to one day become an international quality keeper.

Has Kalinic thrown his teddies out of the pram , not even on the bench for the last 2 games and Smith says we have a fit squad

From Guzan onwards we had keepers who looked like rabbits in the headlights. Steer doesn't; good concentration, commanding moves. And he'll only get better. Pleased for the lad; he's had a difficult time until now, as indeed have others.