The January Transfer Thread 2022 | Page 14 | Vital Football

The January Transfer Thread 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
haha, yes I know what you mean. I've a couple of mates who know family members of players, but if you post anything you look like you're trying to be some ITK. Mind you it doesn't help when things I've been told don't happen either, then you do end up looking like a twat
Yes, exactly mate, I used to work with Ben Foster's brother in law in fact he became my team leader and also one of his childhood mates who is still a good mate of his, they go to the races at Cheltenham etc. Stories I've heard about the England squad and Rooney and Co would make your hair curl but no point in saying anything as you say.

Just been reading in FootballFancast that Gerrard's priority in Jan is a new left back but its not the one at Rangers.

Central midfield
Central midfield
Central midfield
Central midfield
Central midfield
Central midfield
Central midfield
Central midfield
Central midfield
Central midfield
Central midfield
Central midfield

Anyone who can't see this as the number 1 area is quite frankly, a tool.

Last edited:
We need strengthening in both fullback spots.
As well as in the centre of defence, Tuanzebe isn't going to make it and if we don't extend Hause's contract that'll leave us looking for two centrebacks.
Then of course we need either a dedicated DM or, if Nakamba can keep up the standard he set for himself on Saturday, a partner to work with him, more a pull the strings type player.
We definitely do not need another winger, unless we get rid of two or three we already have.

Central midfield
Central midfield
Central midfield
Central midfield
Central midfield
Central midfield
Central midfield
Central midfield
Central midfield
Central midfield
Central midfield
Central midfield

Anyone who can't see this as the number 1 area is quite frankly, a tool.

Pointless. You can't play 12 central midfielders in the same match, Melon.

I know it's only in the BM and therefore guaranteed bullshit but, reporting that SG is a huge fan of Pau Torres of Villareal, is going to get fans excited, pity it can only be a false excitement.
A more possible centreback purchase would be Ajax's Lisandro Martinez, who is predominately left footed and can play leftback. Oh yeah, he's Argentinian.

Just been reading in FootballFancast that Gerrard's priority in Jan is a new left back but its not the one at Rangers.

Interesting - I'd be very encouraged if he's already identified Targett as a glaring weakness in defence - as I think he is - I'd still prioritise a CM though and put Young in ahead of Targett for the rest of the season.

I'm pretty sure Gerrard dropped Barisic this season as his form has dipped. Looks like we will be getting linked with half the Rangers team until the end of January. Makes a change to Brentford I suppose

They're proper skint so would love some of our money - I'd rather not be buying players from Scotland though tbh - we got a bargain in SJM for sure but I highly doubt we'll ever be that lucky again.

With the reported canteen ban does this mean we'll have no links to inside " sauces"? :sorry:
Keeping things on Topic ( think they're banned as well) Renato Sanches in January would be nice 👍

According to Football Insider, Gerrard has told Villa to sell Traore in January. No way will Gerrard have made that sort of decision yet. My guess is that Traore is the sort of winger / inside forward who fits Gerrard's approach.

With the reported canteen ban does this mean we'll have no links to inside " sauces"? :sorry:
Keeping things on Topic ( think they're banned as well) Renato Sanches in January would be nice 👍
Yes but we should still be able to ketch-up on the latest news - the club is just so Pop-ular.

According to Football Insider, Gerrard has told Villa to sell Traore in January. No way will Gerrard have made that sort of decision yet. My guess is that Traore is the sort of winger / inside forward who fits Gerrard's approach.

Unless they are going to virtually give him away i cant see this happening. His recent playing record or lack of hardly inspires confidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.