The January Transfer Thread 2022 | Vital Football

The January Transfer Thread 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Fear

A Wise Man (once sat next to him)
For some reason, the other thread has disappeared, the alert team are all blaming Mike, as is Vital Villa's law (if in doubt, blame Fieldy)

So, here is a new one.

Aston Villa are monitoring Bologna left-back Aaron Hickey but the 19-year-old Scottish defender is in no rush to leave Italy. (Sun)

Get a dominant midfielder. Stop this panic through midfield when opposition teams increase the pressure and we collapse with an attack of the vapours.
I'd sooner get another Ezri Konsa for the left side of the defence, I don't see the like of Dougie SJM or Marv as panickers all are quite happy to have the ball anywhere on the pitch. The players who panic are Targett and Mings, the rest of the squad if pressured are more than capable of beating the man diving in on them, you dive in on Konsa or Cash they go past you same with SJM, Dougie or Marv they quick feet Targett and Mings have slow feet, fabricated footballers who have to think about trapping a ball it's not instant .

There is the possibility of Luiz moving on a free as he hasn't signed an extension so we definitely need a dedicated DM.
I've been mentioning Dennis Zacharia of Monchengladbach but, a player out of contract in the summer is Marseille DM/CB Boubacar Kamara. He's in his early twenties, so young enough to have improvement coached into him. He has experience playing in the Europa Cup. Trying to buy him in Jan will cost upwards of £25 million.

Talk of Todd Cantwell has re-emerged.
I just don't see him as a premiership standard player.
I don't think he has the mentality or ability to improve either.

There is the possibility of Luiz moving on a free as he hasn't signed an extension so we definitely need a dedicated DM.
I've been mentioning Dennis Zacharia of Monchengladbach but, a player out of contract in the summer is Marseille DM/CB Boubacar Kamara. He's in his early twenties, so young enough to have improvement coached into him. He has experience playing in the Europa Cup. Trying to buy him in Jan will cost upwards of £25 million.

Talk of Todd Cantwell has re-emerged.
I just don't see him as a premiership standard player.
I don't think he has the mentality or ability to improve either.

Dougie has the best part of 18 months left on his contract, he wont be walking out for nothing. I'd guess they'll start talking about a contract extension at some point this season

I'm not sure we need anyone.

Striker: Ings, Ollie, Archer
Wide forwards: Bert, Bailey, Bidace, Buendia
Centre mid: Douggie, SJM, Sanson, Ramsey, Chukwuemeka, Buendia (no.10)
Rightback: Cash, Young, Konsa, Axel
Leftback: Targett, Young, Kortney, Bailey (lol)
Centreback: Mings, Konsa, Axel, Kortney
Keeper: Emi, Jed, Sinisalo

We need a fully fit first 11 playing together week in week out.

I'm not sure we need anyone.

Striker: Ings, Ollie, Archer
Wide forwards: Bert, Bailey, Bidace, Buendia
Centre mid: Douggie, SJM, Sanson, Ramsey, Chukwuemeka, Buendia (no.10)
Rightback: Cash, Young, Konsa, Axel
Leftback: Targett, Young, Kortney, Bailey (lol)
Centreback: Mings, Konsa, Axel, Kortney
Keeper: Emi, Jed, Sinisalo

We need a fully fit first 11 playing together week in week out.

I get where you're coming from but if you snooze you lose in the PL, we aren't winning leagues with this squad so anyone we can get in is a bonus. You only get 2 goes a year to buy players after all said and done.
There are always improvements to be made even at Man City

odd isn't it - people keep saying we're midtable team and yet we don't need to improve the players we have ?
Perhaps just stick with the usual trope that you don't get bargains in this window and snooze til the summer one

January in fairness is an awful time to buy but if a good opportunity arises we absolutely should take it. Martinez is the only irreplaceable player we have, the rest are fair game.

For some reason, the other thread has disappeared, the alert team are all blaming Mike, as is Vital Villa's law (if in doubt, blame Fieldy)

So, here is a new one.

200w.gif

Think we need to get back to a system which works with the current squad rather than confuse things with drafting in more players. Next summer is when we need to invest in more players when we have (hopefully) a better idea of where we are with the current crop.

Think we need to get back to a system which works with the current squad rather than confuse things with drafting in more players. Next summer is when we need to invest in more players when we have (hopefully) a better idea of where we are with the current crop.
Like I said before the 433 has never really worked either.

Like I said before the 433 has never really worked either.

I've always agreed with the idea that you play to your strengths which meant everything used to funnel through YKW. I think what will make 4-3-3 work is having a balanced attack across the pitch. Cash looks like the player we thought we had signed, we all initially assumed we got this marauding RB but instead he was defensively accomplished. I've always thought Cash was told to hold his position so Targett could push on and Grealish didnt have to track back.

The other thing that probably hinders 4-3-3 is Luiz isnt Petrov. If we had a Petrov-esque DM I think 4-3-3 would work much better. Marv isnt totally the answer either. We need a lad who would probably break our transfer record. Someone who is 25+ with over 250/300 games played and can pass as well as read the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.