The January Transfer Thread 2022 | Page 2 | Vital Football

The January Transfer Thread 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need a settled 11 to play together for a few weeks and see where we are. For me Bailey and Sanson would be in and Olly would be having a rest.

However there is another international break in November so it looks like a forlorn hope at the moment.

I know what you mean. We got found out a bit towards the end of last season.

I think the key to it is tactical flexibility. If we can change shape/tactics depending on the game or even during the game, we'd be much better off.

Exactly sometimes 4 at the back works sometimes 5 at the back works ,now are the players good enough or clever enough to adapt mid-game.

Anyway back to transfers, with Tuanzebe the lastest to be declared shite we should be looking to bring in a Left CB to challenge Mings, January probably isn't the window to do this. I don't see anyone left side outstanding in the kid's teams and CB isn't for kids anyway.
I know many will disagree but I see Mings as a liability and with his stock, at a high ie England squad it is just the time to move him on and bring in a left-sided Konsa probably in the summer though.
Dean however probably won't do this.

Exactly sometimes 4 at the back works sometimes 5 at the back works ,now are the players good enough or clever enough to adapt mid-game.

Anyway back to transfers, with Tuanzebe the lastest to be declared shite we should be looking to bring in a Left CB to challenge Mings, January probably isn't the window to do this. I don't see anyone left side outstanding in the kid's teams and CB isn't for kids anyway.
I know many will disagree but I see Mings as a liability and with his stock, at a high ie England squad it is just the time to move him on and bring in a left-sided Konsa probably in the summer though.

If we managed to get a left sided defender as good as Konsa , we would have won the lottery.

Have Brentford got someone ?

Hause is left sided CB. We need another right footer to cover for Konsa

We have 2 Left sided cb's and 2 right sided cb's so don't really see that area as a priority.

With Martinez constantly out I'd say a new backup keeper would be no.1 priority in Jan. Steer isn't good enough.

We have 2 Left sided cb's and 2 right sided cb's so don't really see that area as a priority.

With Martinez constantly out I'd say a new backup keeper would be no.1 priority in Jan. Steer isn't good enough.
I agree about the keeper situation its' poor. but sometimes you have to buy players when they become available not when you really need to fill a position. currently, we are way off where we want to be so, with one or two exceptions all positions need improving. I'm sure if a decent young or old come to that Keeper pops up we'll be on him, there was talk of a lad from Oxford in the summer but they wanted too much for him. A little bit worrying us being put off by a few million fee but there you go.

I think it would be a huge error to force Mings out. Losing 2 captains in one season, what an absolutely terrible thing to try to do. I agree though we need a new centre back and should be looking to address this in the summer, but this player should be competing with Mings rather than completely replacing him in the squad. In my mind I think we are potentially a top midfielder and another centre half away from being a good side but we’ve reached the point now where the calibre required to kick on is now pretty high (and expensive).

The El Ghazi to Roma rumour seems to be getting re-hashed again. Not sure I believe it, but if someone did offer £20m I'd probably let him go. We'd double our money on a man who isnt a first team starter. Although that would depend on the fitness of our other forwards/wide players

100% this, just get them to do their jobs. Everyone is entitled to the occasional mistake but it's far to commonplace atm. Be a good lad and have a word with them at the next match Deano Hitting

I think it would be a huge error to force Mings out. Losing 2 captains in one season, what an absolutely terrible thing to try to do. I agree though we need a new centre back and should be looking to address this in the summer, but this player should be competing with Mings rather than completely replacing him in the squad. In my mind I think we are potentially a top midfielder and another centre half away from being a good side but we’ve reached the point now where the calibre required to kick on is now pretty high (and expensive).
I wouldn't worry about losing him as captain after his Wolves showing

Get a midfielder who can tackle, pass accurately, press and intimidate the opposition, retain possession and score the odd goal. The present bunch aren’t up to it.

Get a midfielder who can tackle, pass accurately, press and intimidate the opposition, retain possession and score the odd goal. The present bunch aren’t up to it.
To be fair, from what I saw of Sanson when he played in France, he ticks those boxes. If he’s fit I can’t understand why he’s not been selected.

we need a reserve goalie a good left back dominating midfielder who doesn't get pushed about and has to give silly fouls away ditch these tactics go back to wingers play sum of the young uns and get rid of these crocs like Traore hit and miss Al ghazi hit and miss that Buendia so light weight was he worth it some of these English players there prices are so inflated Targett 14 million i think it was wouldn't have give 5 million for him couldn't even get in the Southampton team now you no why Mings he thinks hes good how much was he and Watkins someone bid for him i'd take it 30 million too much really and Ings is in danger of being another ross

Status
Not open for further replies.