The January Transfer Thread 2022 | Page 102 | Vital Football

The January Transfer Thread 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
He should. He's easily good enough to play every week in a championship team at least. Normally I'd want a decent keeper like him to stay but for his own good he needs to move on and play.

There probably aren’t many championship teams who will match the salary we’re paying Jed

Why are people so keen to send Ings to Newcastle? First of all I wouldnt want to do anything to help them out and possibly see them scramble away from relegation. Secondly, after spending all last season complaining about a lack of back up for Watkins and needing an alternative, we now want to go back to that same situation. Ings doesnt charge about pressing defenders as well as Ollie, but he is a far better finisher. With the signings of Coutinho and Digne I'm hoping he will start being fed far more chances than he's been getting so far. If we're a goal down with 15 minutes to go, he's a pretty decent striker to be bringing off the bench.

We have never created anything/enough to get our strikers on the scoresheet for most of the time and are quick to judge them as crap. Let us get quality top level midfielders in first who will create ample scoring chances and if they still don't score then they are untenable.

Maybe my fault joking about selling him to Newcastle. Like I said we don't need to sell anyone and as for him being a backup for Watkins does anyone think Ings might just be the better option at CF. There seems to be a fixation that Ollie is some kind of. I don't really know what to call him but being a grafter is often a cover-up for lack of ability.
I've worked with loads that outwork me because they don't have the brains to work smarter

I'd take Ingsy over Ollie as I am certain he will outscore him once they start getting enough chances to score.

This Bissouma rumour just will not go away and no doubt he is a decent player but he was arrested in October for sexual assault and is was bailed pending investigations.
Unless the case is dropped, I cannot see the club going for him - we don't want or need our version on Citeh's Mendy.

This Bissouma rumour just will not go away and no doubt he is a decent player but he was arrested in October for sexual assault and is was bailed pending investigations.
Unless the case is dropped, I cannot see the club going for him - we don't want or need our version on Citeh's Mendy.
I’m with you, I just don’t see it happening till this as been cleared up…but they could already know what happened either way, seems strange that the press are pushing this one considering.

Bissouma is a decent player by all accounts but 50m they are taking the mick not that they have valued him its all journalist speak. I know hw was highlight by big ears on motd but so are many players. Can't say I've noticed him as some 50m super star.

Status
Not open for further replies.