The January 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 61 | Vital Football

The January 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the numbers are correct, it looks like we’ve done a pretty decent bit of business here with Sanson. Refreshing change for us not to be paying over the odds....and possibly getting a bit of a bargain when he was being touted for a £25m + move a mere 6 months ago. Compare this to last season’s January window when we reinforced with Danny Drinkwater....enough said...we’ve come a long way in 12 months...!
Don't forget the masterstroke that was Borga Baston

Tom Carroll another bizarre one. Going back a bit but Joey Gudjonsson was another shite player we signed in Jan but he did at least have a good shot and put in an absolutely fantastic leg breaking challenge on Matthew Upson.

Tom Carroll another bizarre one. Going back a bit but Joey Gudjonsson was another shite player we signed in Jan but he did at least have a good shot and put in an absolutely fantastic leg breaking challenge on Matthew Upson.

Joey did score a cracking goal on his debut if I remember right. Yet another to get our hopes up
:ooops:

Joey did score a cracking goal on his debut if I remember right. Yet another to get our hopes up
:ooops:
I remember him scoring a long range freekick away to Middlesbrough which should have been saved and he scored great goal against Leeds on the last day of the season.

According to John Percy of the Telegraph we have been after Sanson for 18 months. There must be something they like or think can improve on if true?

West Ham were quoted at 35m in the summer of 2019 I believe so if we were interested then I doubt we could have afforded that much on 1 player.

Now though with 18 months left on his deal, the French TV deal collapsed and Marseille desperate its the ideal time to strike.

Well that odious **** Patel wanted to implement a salary threshold for economic migrants and Sanson will blow that out of the water.

Which is ridiculous. The game is funded by Asian revenue, it attracts money to the U.K. where the player pays 45% of his salary to Her Majesty’s finest accountants.

I couldn’t care if the player is from France or Somalia in this instance. But I guess it takes a job away from Dave from the The Nags Head FC who could’ve made it if it wasn’t for his dodgy knee and asthma problem

That was one of the most miserable seasons I can remember. The only ones I can think of that were worse or as bad were the relegation season obviously, Mcleishs season, Lamberts second season and the first year in the championship. Strange to think that with pretty much the same squad we nearly got champions league football a year after this.

That was one of the most miserable seasons I can remember. The only ones I can think of that were worse or as bad were the relegation season obviously, Mcleishs season, Lamberts second season and the first year in the championship. Strange to think that with pretty much the same squad we nearly got champions league football a year after this.
I think given how the two Birmingham City games went I'd say 2002/03 is the second worst I've seen, the first being our relegation season.

I think given how the two Birmingham City games went I'd say 2002/03 is the second worst I've seen, the first being our relegation season.

That game at Villa Park vs them has got to be the most vile atmosphere I've ever experienced at a football game. Only one that comes close is the league cup game vs blues in 2015, which coincidence would have it was the first time the 2 teams have played each other in a night kick off since that 2003 game.

That game at Villa Park vs them has got to be the most vile atmosphere I've ever experienced at a football game. Only one that comes close is the league cup game vs blues in 2015, which coincidence would have it was the first time the 2 teams have played each other in a night kick off since that 2003 game.
I went to both of the derby games that season and both are right up there with the worst experiences I've had in football. The home was particularly rancid wasn't it? We really had a dreadful team that season.

I went to both of the derby games that season and both are right up there with the worst experiences I've had in football. The home was particularly rancid wasn't it? We really had a dreadful team that season.

Yes nothing seemed to work for Taylor in his second spell. DOL added Sorenson, Mccann, Solano in January and brought back Angel after Taylor froze him out and finished 6th so we'd some decent players.

Angel was playing for a new contract the following season and mysteriously had by far his best season.

Status
Not open for further replies.