The January 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 46 | Vital Football

The January 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just read a rumour Trez being linked with Galatasaray, probably nonsense but for me, he can go at the right price, start bringing these wonder kids through instead
Half agree. He's a good hard working player, seems like a great professional too, but I think El Ghazi and Traore have taken their chances in his absence and with those two, Grealish and Barkley fighting over three spots I can't see Trez getting much of a look in.

Then again, competition is always good and it's nice to have experienced options off the bench. 9 players allowed on our bench now so there's room for Trez and the likes of Barry.

I’d keep Trezeguet, he was playing well before his injury, he just had some bad luck in front of goal which in fairness was very similar to El Ghazi on his return before things started to go his way.

I’d put El Ghazi and Trez at a similar level, I think El Ghazi has it in him to play better than Trez, but Trez is harder working and more consistent so it probably evens itself out

Then again, competition is always good and it's nice to have experienced options off the bench. 9 players allowed on our bench now so there's room for Trez and the likes of Barry.

Experienced now yes he is but he really isn't very good, I'd like competition rather than back up for emergencies, that's what the kids are for. Having seen the kids on offer I'm pretty sure any one of those could play the odd game if they had to.
All depends if the fee is right, we do need to start buying and selling rather than buying and giving away players

Experienced now yes he is but he really isn't very good, I'd like competition rather than back up for emergencies, that's what the kids are for. Having seen the kids on offer I'm pretty sure any one of those could play the odd game if they had to.
All depends if the fee is right, we do need to start buying and selling rather than buying and giving away players

If we’d sold all the players that people have called crap on here in the last 12 months we’d only have Jack left

If we’d sold all the players that people have called crap on here in the last 12 months we’d only have Jack left
Yes i agree but there are players who at this moment aren't going to get a start but we could cash in on whilst their stock is still high, when their contracts run down and they haven't played for months nobody wants them Trez falls into the category. Players like Neil Taylor who we could sell, nobody wants as they can have him free in a few months.
I guess it's timing and knowing when to move them on, Wenger was a master at it

I'd put Trez, Anwar and Traore on the same level. They're good enough to play in the first team, at the moment, without necessarily being first choices. Useful players to have; we shouldn't be looking to get rid of them.

Yes i agree but there are players who at this moment aren't going to get a start but we could cash in on whilst their stock is still high, when their contracts run down and they haven't played for months nobody wants them Trez falls into the category. Players like Neil Taylor who we could sell, nobody wants as they can have him free in a few months.
I guess it's timing and knowing when to move them on, Wenger was a master at it

I know, but think we are far too quick to label people as being crap and want to sell them. Many people, myself included would've been happy to let El Ghazi leave in the last window, yet recently he's upped his game and his goals heave earned us a few points. His value will no doubt have gone up due to this as well.
Hause was continually criticised by many as being a League 1 defender, yet now some people want him in the starting XI.
Trez has his limitations, but it was only the back end of last season where his goals played a huge part in keeping us up. I'd have more confidence bringing him off the bench than one of the 17 year olds who played in the Cup. Looking at how weak our bench is, surely we should be keeping hold of all of them until the Summer. Lansbury is a different case as he isnt even in the squad, but he seems happy enough doing fuck all.

I know, but think we are far too quick to label people as being crap and want to sell them. Many people, myself included would've been happy to let El Ghazi leave in the last window, yet recently he's upped his game and his goals heave earned us a few points. His value will no doubt have gone up due to this as well.
Hause was continually criticised by many as being a League 1 defender, yet now some people want him in the starting XI.
Trez has his limitations, but it was only the back end of last season where his goals played a huge part in keeping us up. I'd have more confidence bringing him off the bench than one of the 17 year olds who played in the Cup. Looking at how weak our bench is, surely we should be keeping hold of all of them until the Summer. Lansbury is a different case as he isnt even in the squad, but he seems happy enough doing fuck all.

Lansbury is a disgrace! He's todays' Nzogbia.

If we're not improving the squad this winter then we need to keep hold of everyone for now apart from Lansbury.

Although if we have the money it would be silly to waste such a golden opportunity to pick up some players who only have 6 months left on their contract.

You've literally got players like Thauvin going for less than 10m because of this, you've got Erkisen who is desperate to come back to the Premiership who Inter have placed on the transfer market and will be available for around 10m or less.

Traore might even become really good, El Ghazi could soon start peaking and hopefully finds a consistency, Trezeguet works his socks off every game, these players all have faults, they're good players there's no denying that but would any top 6 side, the elite group we want to be in, be begging us over our wingers ?

I seriously question if they're good enough to get us to that next level, we need a bloody good player who can start taking the pressure off Grealish and make our team more balanced, we still hog the ball down the left.

Don't we need to sell to make room for squad numbers to be free for either Westley or any newbies we might get in?

not defending Lansbury in anyway , hes been turgid, but what are you expecting him to do ? pack his bags and walk away from the contract the club gave him ?

Perhaps he could knock on DS's door and ask why he's not being given a chance, or if there's a chance of going out on loan........

But that of course may imply he wants to actually earn his money.

You know who I think are crap are Taylor and Hourihane and I've seen nothing to suggest either is anything but surplus,.
ElGhazi I've never doubted skill-wise and have always said he just needed to man up which he seems to have done.

Hause I've always thought was decent and now I actually think he's more effective at defending than Mings. Targett see ElGhazi.

Trez headless chicken who runs and runs but we need more than running. surplus for me. Let's get rid of the fringe players whilst they still have any street cred that's all I'm saying, I'm fed up of us letting players run down their contracts. For every Nyland we seem to have two Lansbury types happy to sit it out

I'm only going from what I've heard, but apparently Deano and Suso had a big disagreement over signings. They aren't going to come out publicly and say what really happened, just trot out the usual lines to the media.
Engels looks like a Suso signing, but then Deano did say he had been watching him for a while. I doubt we will ever know the full truth.
Regarding Lange, we did sign several youngsters from across Europe at the end of the last window. I assume a large part of that is down to him

Engels had nearly signed for Brentford the previous summer but couldn't afford him ib the end so it wouldn't shock me if he was known to Smith before. From what I recall reading at the time of Susos sacking there was a disagreement in January. He was certainly ibstrumin bringing in Reina and Baston, 2 players known to him but apparently the bust up was over Drinkwater. Suso was apparently in Spain talking to N'Zonzi when we announced Drinkwater without him knowing anything about it. The deal had been done by Smith and Purslow. As soon as that went through he was doomed, though in that particular instance you have to say that N'Zonzi would almost certainly have been a better signing. I wouldn't change too much though as its all worked out ok in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.