The January 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 29 | Vital Football

The January 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Must admit Iv'e changed my view on this window a little now as I think if the player is available then get him in as I do feel we have a little bit of a chance of a top 6 finish.However I think FFP will scupper any cash transfer as we will surely be looking at 25 mill plus players from now on.

Must admit Iv'e changed my view on this window a little now as I think if the player is available then get him in as I do feel we have a little bit of a chance of a top 6 finish.However I think FFP will scupper any cash transfer as we will surely be looking at 25 mill plus players from now on.

The league position is at the forefront of my mind - I pencilled in 10th-12th for a good season before it kicked off and that's still my view.

We've played an awful lot of terrible teams and I highly doubt that over a full season this squad will see 6th place again but I'd love to be proven wrong of course.

The league position is at the forefront of my mind - I pencilled in 10th-12th for a good season before it kicked off and that's still my view.

We've played an awful lot of terrible teams and I highly doubt that over a full season this squad will see 6th place again but I'd love to be proven wrong of course.
Well that was my thinking too till we beat Palace with ten men which proved to me anyway that we have quite a bit more depth to our squad that I thought we had.

Simply the way we were haggling over Traore and Rashica fees makes me believe even though we've got money we're not willing to overspend.

El Ghazi and Traore need to keep it up, need to make their current form the norm, and that's the difference between good and great players, great players perform week in week out.

I heard it from one of the top managers the other day, you don't want to see glimpses of what they're capable of, and saying that's what they can do, they need to perform on a consistent level.

I don't think Trezeguet, Hourihane, Engels, Guilbert or even Wesley have a future at the club.

I'd definitely like to see someone like Buendia at the very least on the bench and waiting for his turn, he can cover the whole midfield and I believe once he starts showing his class he'll be hard to keep on the bench, You need someone with his diversity on the bench, RW,LW,CM,CAM he's a player you can bring on for tired legs and he'll be a menace.

16 games, 6 goals, 6 assists, 5 MOTM this season already. Rating 7.57
Only turned 24 on Christmas Eve so he'll only get better and better, I'd definitely throw 30m at him.

We'll see what we do in Jan, I'd like to get in Henry for 5m if the West Ham valuation is anything to go by cover for Targett, I think we've got to take full advantage and if there's anyone that fits the bill then bring them in as we're in a really good place to attract players and say come and look at us.

Imo we only have 5-6 players that are up to snuff for a top six first team.

I get why people are fawning over the likes of Ghazi, Traore, Trez etc but IMO they, and others, are simply not good enough to maintain a genuine assault on European places over a full season.

If we're comfy for now with mid-table then fair enough but if we want genuine top players to join us then a 6th-8th place is going to be a lot more attractive than my expected 10th-12th position come the Summer.

If there's money to spend then now is the time to do it - we're having a great run but we've played some terrible teams and still not been able to beat them, this is still a work in progress team/squad building exercise IMO and I think we're still a minimum of three players away from having genuine expectations/hopes of a 5th-6th place.

Buendia fits the bill in his own right and covers all of our midfield starring positions too.

We have some depth finally, though obviously not like some top sides. But I wouldn't want anything to upset our equilibrium right now. We have no real back-up striker, certainly until Wesley is back and maybe not even then. And Jack simply cannot be replaced. Aside from that we have people to come in and do a job.

We have some depth finally, though obviously not like some top sides. But I wouldn't want anything to upset our equilibrium right now. We have no real back-up striker, certainly until Wesley is back and maybe not even then. And Jack simply cannot be replaced. Aside from that we have people to come in and do a job.
With January offering notoriously poor value, if there were a Giroud-style forward available for loan, I'd look at that, but certainly no need to go for a Samatta-type panic buy.

We are in zero danger of relegation this season so should only add cover like that or genuine improvement if available. I'm really not that fussed about this coming window.

With January offering notoriously poor value, if there were a Giroud-style forward available for loan, I'd look at that, but certainly no need to go for a Samatta-type panic buy.

We are in zero danger of relegation this season so should only add cover like that or genuine improvement if available. I'm really not that fussed about this coming window.
Agree completely. Back at the start of the season I wanted a new left back, backup here there and everywhere, replacements left right and centre. Now I'm genuinely happy with the squad, if we can add players of real quality like Alli or Giroud etc for a bargain price, that would be lovely. There's no need to panic buy or pay over the odds like 12 months ago.

Giroud would be great for us but we couldn't really bench him or Ollie could we?

I never thought I’d say this as I believe in continuous improvement, but we do have such a disparity between our best 11 and the rest, that in January even if we were to get one or two half decent backup options for the short term I’d take that.

It won’t be all A star signings, we have to ironically keep the good players we have as a priority.

A player like Rondon would be a genuinely good option for us IMO. Offers something different and experienced enough at this level.

This is where FFP is pure bollocks, we're in a position to consolidate our assault near the higher end of the table but we're talking about imaginary financial constraints being a roadblock.

I have done no research but I am hoping a calculated decision was made to leave room in the tank for a January momentum/competition boost within the squad.

A short term boost for Alli or Giroud would suffice.

Jack was something special mate a blind man on a galloping horse could see that, I've never seen anything like him come through the youth system Not even Sid Brian or Gary were this good and they were fecking brilliant players but Jack is the best I've seen come through in my 53 seasons.
Personally, Dele Alli on loan would be a masterstroke by Purslow, I find it strange that fans would be turning their noses up at players of that calibre just because we are having a decent fist third od a season, lets get in there while we can

Jack's turned out to be really good but, that's because he's been forced to learn and tweak his game. Probably due to DS nagging at him.
As for Dele Alli, one can't look at his step up to the Spurs first team and decry his ability, especially his partnership with Kane. The thing is that didn't last too long did it, once Kane started getting all the plaudits Alli's form started falling off and he became a moaning twat. From the tales coming out of Spurs, Alli is really bad for dressing room harmony, slagging off players after every game and moaning non-stop. Which is why I wouldn't take him as a gift, he really isn't half as good as he thinks he is.

Agree completely. Back at the start of the season I wanted a new left back, backup here there and everywhere, replacements left right and centre. Now I'm genuinely happy with the squad, if we can add players of real quality like Alli or Giroud etc for a bargain price, that would be lovely. There's no need to panic buy or pay over the odds like 12 months ago.

Agree with a player of the quality of Giroud but, Alli hasn't been quality for two/two and a half seasons.

I know this is the January thread, but if the dingles continue to have a poor season I would go for Podence in the summer.

Jack's turned out to be really good but, that's because he's been forced to learn and tweak his game. Probably due to DS nagging at him.
As for Dele Alli, one can't look at his step up to the Spurs first team and decry his ability, especially his partnership with Kane. The thing is that didn't last too long did it, once Kane started getting all the plaudits Alli's form started falling off and he became a moaning twat. From the tales coming out of Spurs, Alli is really bad for dressing room harmony, slagging off players after every game and moaning non-stop. Which is why I wouldn't take him as a gift, he really isn't half as good as he thinks he is.

I bracket Alli with Mings and Ghazi - good for a handful of games per season and a mid table side but for 40 games/top six there are loads of players better suited/able if you've got the cash to spend.

Status
Not open for further replies.