The January 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread | Vital Football

The January 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonker

Vital Football Hero
So, Buendia then? ;)

Plenty of shock around at the quality players left in the Championship today - I'm guessing PL clubs decided to leave those Championship clubs to sweat a while longer on no gate revenue for the next three months to soften them up for January.

Not that PL clubs would ever be in cahoots to stiff others of course!

Last edited:
So, Buendia then? ;)

Plenty of shock around at the quality players left in the Championship today - I'm guessing PL clubs decided to leave those Championship clubs to sweat a while longer on no gate revenue for the next three months to soften them up for January.
I doubt if any of these links where actually genuine gone have the days that papers printed something with sum truth behind it now it’s its nothing but endless bullshit to gain clicks and ad money.

So, Buendia then? ;)

Not that PL clubs would ever be in cahoots to stiff others of course!

Nope. There are no quality players left in the Championship. That's why the players that are there are there.

What would it take for our owners to sell Jack you reckon ?

A transfer request - which I don't think would come. Or £100m or more and only then, if it was a move the player wanted to make.

You don't really replace a player like this do you? So as long as he is happy. Remember Yorke back in the day, he was one of those - in my opinion - that you can't just replace. But once he wanted out, he played up and the rest is history.

That all changes if we have a bad season this season though, as he is ambitious and careers are short. So far though, so good, so again, hopefully for once we can match a good players ambitions. Make a very welcome change wouldn't it?

Certainly don't see any Jan exits anyway, for top players. It would take - with billionaire owners - ridiculous money wouldn't it? If Real Madrid said £200m or whatever. Ronaldo proved when at Man Utd, every player has his price.

A transfer request - which I don't think would come. Or £100m or more and only then, if it was a move the player wanted to make.

You don't really replace a player like this do you? So as long as he is happy. Remember Yorke back in the day, he was one of those - in my opinion - that you can't just replace. But once he wanted out, he played up and the rest is history.

That all changes if we have a bad season this season though, as he is ambitious and careers are short. So far though, so good, so again, hopefully for once we can match a good players ambitions. Make a very welcome change wouldn't it?

Certainly don't see any Jan exits anyway, for top players. It would take - with billionaire owners - ridiculous money wouldn't it? If Real Madrid said £200m or whatever. Ronaldo proved when at Man Utd, every player has his price.
Yeah Ronaldo was the one that got away with Fergie the only player I can remember where he tried everything he could to keep and of course you can never replace a player like that.

Just had a scan of what was spent before the "Summer" window slammed shut - looks like relatively modest spending by the bigger clubs and no spending at all from many of the smaller clubs.

Presumably, everyone is looking at the very likely prospect of no gate revenue this season and adjusting for that - on that basis, perhaps January will be a tumbleweeds zone for transfers.

Status
Not open for further replies.