The January 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 60 | Vital Football

The January 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
In fact, it wasn't all that far back that we couldn't sign Kalinic because he'd not played enough games for Coatia.

Came across this - highly boring but suggests the flow of European players into English football might be radically reduced from now on.

https://www.footballlaw.co.uk/artic...s-brexit-endorsement-criteria-eea-visa-points
I think it would be a great thing if the influx of foreign talent slowed down. It means clubs will have to focus far more resources on identifying and developing British youth players, which SHOULD also mean a greater amount of investment in grass roots football as it's in the interest of PL clubs to have as wide an accessible talent pool as possible.

Maybe this will mean far greater "selfless generosity" of the richest clubs in the country helping out lower league and non league clubs during and after this pandemic.

In fact, it wasn't all that far back that we couldn't sign Kalinic because he'd not played enough games for Coatia.

Came across this - highly boring but suggests the flow of European players into English football might be radically reduced from now on.

https://www.footballlaw.co.uk/artic...s-brexit-endorsement-criteria-eea-visa-points

I'm sure the favoured few clubs will have no problems getting whoever they need. I remember the same transfer window where we were denied a permit for Kalinic despite him being a full international Chelsea were able to sign Kennedy who had never gotten near the Brazil team.

I'm sure the favoured few clubs will have no problems getting whoever they need. I remember the same transfer window where we were denied a permit for Kalinic despite him being a full international Chelsea were able to sign Kennedy who had never gotten near the Brazil team.
Yes that's what I was getting at, we are the ideal club for a test case. The fact he'll earn more in a week than any of us earn in a year and won't need any state aid or the NHS (unless he has a heart attack of course) will swing it though

Well that odious **** Patel wanted to implement a salary threshold for economic migrants and Sanson will blow that out of the water.

Well that odious **** Patel wanted to implement a salary threshold for economic migrants and Sanson will blow that out of the water.

Yes but we don't really need him to wash cars, pick fruit, or work in McDonalds plenty of our own can do that, especially after covid. cruel but true

Anyway it looks nailed on now that we are buying Morgan Sanson, will be interesting to see if he can oust SJM Luiz or Barkley. currently, I think it might be Barkley who is the laziest of those 3 . should up the completion know a couple of good games for Morgan and he stays in the team

Anyway it looks nailed on now that we are buying Morgan Sanson, will be interesting to see if he can oust SJM Luiz or Barkley. currently, I think it might be Barkley who is the laziest of those 3 . should up the completion know a couple of good games for Morgan and he stays in the team
Not sure what sort of player he is but he seems like he has good technique, fairly low centre of gravity and a good shot, but his stats indicate he's probably more of a number 8.

I’m relieved we’ve gone for another player that can rival SJM for energy (from what i’ve read at least!). We miss his energy big time when he doesn’t play.

Not sure what sort of player he is but he seems like he has good technique, fairly low centre of gravity and a good shot, but his stats indicate he's probably more of a number 8.
His goalscoring stats are almost identical to Ross but obviously, Ross has played at a higher level. about 1 goal every 5 or 6 games. Gives us extra options though and that's the main thing. We will have Luiz Marv SJM Ross Ramsey and Sanson for 3 places.
Can't be bad

Yeh he had a rough one. Bar one turn, he was poor. But i can’t stay mad at that meatball for too long!

No I actually like all our players and have decided not to be too rough on them.
But they all have an old style game in them (i.e. sloppy passing a la last season).

I find it amazing that mostly those same players can destroy Liverpool when they click. Our passing has improved beyond anything I thought possible. If one of them slips back it is really obvious - because they are all so solid now generally.

If the numbers are correct, it looks like we’ve done a pretty decent bit of business here with Sanson. Refreshing change for us not to be paying over the odds....and possibly getting a bit of a bargain when he was being touted for a £25m + move a mere 6 months ago. Compare this to last season’s January window when we reinforced with Danny Drinkwater....enough said...we’ve come a long way in 12 months...!

Status
Not open for further replies.