The January 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 58 | Vital Football

The January 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m really not a fan, these days, of writing much about the numerous transfer links we get, in-and-out during the transfer windows. I used to do them all, and then list them, and strike them off at the end of any given window (I know, get a life Fear) and 95% usually turned out to be totally wrong. So now I leave that to the tabloids to get their views.

However, I am finding the Morgan Sanson link interesting, mainly because they seem to be getting stronger for the 26-year-old central midfielder.

Dean Smith has rightly, refused to be drawn on the question, but reports are suggesting there is a £15million deal with Marseille is close.

https://astonvilla.vitalfootball.co...-indeed-this-transfer-link-is-to-be-believed/

Bout time we stopped paying over the odds.
Tbh I think it’s the very reason we lost out on Rashica, which now seems a blessing with his injuries this season. I think Lyon tried the same, and I think even Inter are trying to make a profit on Eriksen too.

like Ian Wright said last night we’ve got a real possibility of a top 4 spot this season, with that in mind I hope we’re not squabbling over a few million that could cost a few places when you start having the likes of Targett injured, lots of players on the verge of a ban.

Hopefully Hause is back and we can move Mings out wide, desperately need to strengthen.

We desperately need a left back. The offside goal should have been disallowed, but let's pretend it was a legal move. Taylor's weak attempt at a tackle before Silva scored is exactly why he can't be in the team. Championship standard defensively, league 1 standard offensively. Get rid.

We desperately need a left back. The offside goal should have been disallowed, but let's pretend it was a legal move. Taylor's weak attempt at a tackle before Silva scored is exactly why he can't be in the team. Championship standard defensively, league 1 standard offensively. Get rid.

Taylor is off in the Summer so we'll defintely be getting another LB in then, unless one of the kids is ready to step up. I'm becoming less convinced we will spend big money on someone for that position though, as Deano is a big fan of Targett and dont think he'll be looking to replace him. To be fair, he's massively improved this season

Taylor is off in the Summer so we'll defintely be getting another LB in then, unless one of the kids is ready to step up. I'm becoming less convinced we will spend big money on someone for that position though, as Deano is a big fan of Targett and dont think he'll be looking to replace him. To be fair, he's massively improved this season

You mean Rowe who kept Salah quiet and we've loaned him out to non league Hereford lol.

We've got Hause, Mings can fill in at LB until Targett's back, anyone any idea how serious it is ?

Shame we don't go in for Henry, perhaps cash is tight.

According to twatter we have upped the offer for Sanson to 11m euros with 5m add ons. If true it should not be long before they find an acceptable medium. I bet the Villa dont like dealing with OM as the leaks appear to be coming from there. Its not the way we normally do transfers.

According to twatter we have upped the offer for Sanson to 11m euros with 5m add ons. If true it should not be long before they find an acceptable medium. I bet the Villa dont like dealing with OM as the leaks appear to be coming from there. Its not the way we normally do transfers.

I would imagine it’s their way of putting pressure on us to get on with it and stop pissing about by labelling the offer very very low in public. Potentially also to try and drum up business to see if anyone else is interested.

From what I'm hearing their manager has said Villa put in a very low offer that they've rejected.

I think we're being bullies for a change. A massive TV deal fell through for the French clubs this season. They're only getting like 30% of the deal they had all pinned their hopes on. French clubs are really struggling financially. We didnt even offer 50% of the supposed asking price of 18MM which in fairness already looked somewhat cheap.

Targett has become a good player but we need two good players for each position. With all due respect to Matt Targett, who arguably put in a MOTM performance past night, we aren't going to be challenging for a top four position with him nailed on to start week in week out.

Status
Not open for further replies.