The January 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 4 | Vital Football

The January 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
First rumour for January is Mohamed Simakan (BBC Sport Gossip). 20 year old French central defender for Strasbourg also linked to AC Milan and Dortmund.

Apparently we tried to sign him in the summer but might go back in for him in January. It would be nice to get some better competition for Konsa and Mings than Engels, who I have no faith in whatsoever.

Not sure if it's intentional but we seem to be going more for English players or British based players. Our complete back 4 is English our Keeper has been English based for 11 years. There's only Dougie and trez really that are regular starters who are not experienced in England. Yes we have brought in youth players from abroad but they will be here 4 years before they are ready for the first team.
There seems to be some sort of joined-up thinking going on this season. Whilst we might be bringing in a few raw kids from abroad I think our main signings will be far more expensive "homegrown" players, like Watkins, Konsa Cash Mings Targett, and dare I say Martinez who has been in England since he was 17

Not sure if it's intentional but we seem to be going more for English players or British based players. Our complete back 4 is English our Keeper has been English based for 11 years. There's only Dougie and trez really that are regular starters who are not experienced in England. Yes we have brought in youth players from abroad but they will be here 4 years before they are ready for the first team.
There seems to be some sort of joined-up thinking going on this season. Whilst we might be bringing in a few raw kids from abroad I think our main signings will be far more expensive "homegrown" players, like Watkins, Konsa Cash Mings Targett, and dare I say Martinez who has been in England since he was 17
I personally prefer the homegrown route, but I dare say our new DOF wasn't brought in to sign players from the UK. I think we will sign a good few from abroad under him.

Interesting snippet I read the other day, can't remember where but probably B'ham Live about City looking to sign Alexandre Pato, who's clubless at the moment.

Simikan rumour has all the hallmarks of complete bollocks rumour. Never heard of him but his team have conceded 16 in 8 and he's a CB

Inter allegedly willing to sell Christian Eriksen for around £18m

Wouldn't pick him over Jack but possibly over Barkley if he can regain his spurs form. He thinks he should be playing for Real Madrid or Barca though. I bet his wages are astronomical.

How about a centre half and a defensive midfielder?

Nearly every club in the country is on the look-out for a good defensive midfielder and about three-quarters of clubs would bite your hand off for a good centre-back.
The problem in finding either, well any player in any position really, is that if he's been brilliant at one club, it doesn't necessarily mean he's going to be brilliant under a different regime.
Buying a player is always a game of pot-luck.

I would like to see us sign another striker. Watkins picks up an injury who replaces him. Plus if we can sign another one it will take some of the pressure off him. We can also bring him off and sub for the last 15/20 minutes to give him a rest. The more you play him the more likely he will start picking up little niggles that will affect his game.

I would like to see us sign another striker. Watkins picks up an injury who replaces him. Plus if we can sign another one it will take some of the pressure off him. We can also bring him off and sub for the last 15/20 minutes to give him a rest. The more you play him the more likely he will start picking up little niggles that will affect his game.
Hopefully Wesley will come back with a point to prove and a better understanding of the English game/mentality. However, I think @Melon Donkey will concur that big Keinan is the perfect replacement... :smoke: He's "one of our own" ya know!

Hopefully Wesley will come back with a point to prove and a better understanding of the English game/mentality. However, I think @Melon Donkey will concur that big Keinan is the perfect replacement... :smoke: He's "one of our own" ya know!
Don't think we'll buy a striker in Jan personally - no-one decent is ever available. By the power of McGrath, I hope we don't get any injuries.

A tough tackling defensive mid please, we would be screwed if anything happened to Dougie

As much as you're right that we'd be screwed without Luiz, he isn't a tough tackler, and to put it into perspective he made 0 tackles against Arsenal, 0 interceptions, lost 4 of the 5 ground duels BUT his passing and vision was sublime.

88% pass record with 2 key passes and controlled the midfield against Arsenal.

I think you're right though we do need a tough tackler, and an upgrade on Nakamba would definitely be welcome, Crazy to think we spent 11m on him and he doesn't get a look in whatsoever, If he was good enough he'd be coming on a lot more for those tired legs, and when we're winning we need to stick someone on to sure up defensively late on in games, but it seems Deano doesn't trust him.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.