The January 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 3 | Vital Football

The January 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's a sign that we offered to pay him off and he said no.

Absolutely, if he had any interest in playing he'd have taken half a years wage and gone to play somewhere for 20,000. I bet forest would have had him.

The stereotype that footballers are idiots and not financially savvy is generally true. He has fucked up his chances of one last payday now. The longer you don't play the less leverage you'll have. I hope he is saving and has saved his money because he'll get some crappy offer from a bottom half championship side at best now. If he is super lucky Forest will take him back.

With Lansbury, I know we're a business but you're taking the bloody biscuit when you know you'll be sitting on your arse picking up 40k a week knowing you won't make the 25 squad.

We should of just gave him to Brentford for free and paid his wages for them just to make him work and not sit on his arse, and hope they'll do us a favour in picking another talented player up next summer.

I'm wondering if the club have picked a list of possible replacements for Luis, should Man City decide to initiate the buy back clause the had inserted into his sale.
I think this will prove unpopular right now but, I give some serious thought about that young Shackleton from Leeds. I was fairly impressed with him when he came on against us the other day.

Apparently Lansbury’s turned down an offer to have his contract ended.

Just googled his name and a few media outlets are running the story. Didn’t accept because it was on reduced terms, all that tells me is that he’s only interested in the money rather than playing.

Take the offer, move to another club and pick up another wage whilst actually getting a game.

Apparently Lansbury’s turned down an offer to have his contract ended.

Just googled his name and a few media outlets are running the story. Didn’t accept because it was on reduced terms, all that tells me is that he’s only interested in the money rather than playing.

Take the offer, move to another club and pick up another wage whilst actually getting a game.
I think he's quite popular around the place too. Gets to go to a swanky premier league training ground, see all his mates, earn big money. I can see it from his point of view, he doesn't want to uproot his life and leave the biggest club he has ever and will ever play for. He was a cup player last season and has been again so far this season so not being included in the premier league squad doesn't change too much for him.

I'm wondering if the club have picked a list of possible replacements for Luis, should Man City decide to initiate the buy back clause the had inserted into his sale.
I think this will prove unpopular right now but, I give some serious thought about that young Shackleton from Leeds. I was fairly impressed with him when he came on against us the other day.
I think they would be mad to pay 25mill for him right now in time who knows but not worth it right now for me and isn't it 30 mill now.

I think they would be mad to pay 25mill for him right now in time who knows but not worth it right now for me and isn't it 30 mill now.

It was 25m last transfer window. Next summer it goes up to 45m from what I remember.

I'll stick my neck out here. Luiz is not good enough for Manchester City and never will be. He's a good, even very good player, a very useful part of our squad. But there are top players around who are better, and MC can afford them.

I'll stick my neck out here. Luiz is not good enough for Manchester City and never will be. He's a good, even very good player, a very useful part of our squad. But there are top players around who are better, and MC can afford them.

He's still only 21 / 22 McP so that's a big call.

I think he's quite popular around the place too. Gets to go to a swanky premier league training ground, see all his mates, earn big money. I can see it from his point of view, he doesn't want to uproot his life and leave the biggest club he has ever and will ever play for. He was a cup player last season and has been again so far this season so not being included in the premier league squad doesn't change too much for him.
Who knows whether the media story is correct or not (certainly no quotes from the player or anyone at the club, so I’ll remain skeptical). I think Lansbury would look at the huge number of free agents with no recent playing time and realize he’s not certain of even getting another club, so wants to stay at Villa as long as he can, train at a high level, maybe get a game in the cup here and there and do enough to attract a club, rather than have to train in his own knowing he could end up “retired” at age 29....

Yup sceptical of the Lansbury contract claims as well, especially given the source who broke the exclusive without a single shadow of proof.

It's amazing what some sites can get away with and I say that, knowing full well a couple of their lads can be found in print on our network in previous years - but we have to prove things, not just say something that can't be verified.

Yup sceptical of the Lansbury contract claims as well, especially given the source who broke the exclusive without a single shadow of proof.

It's amazing what some sites can get away with and I say that, knowing full well a couple of their lads can be found in print on our network in previous years - but we have to prove things, not just say something that can't be verified.

Its also dangerous, more than a few idiots would bombard Lansbury with all sorts of threats if he still had his twitter. Probably even go to great lengths to comments on his missus insta and all sorts.

So irresponsible.

It's a world-wide problem. The "freedom of the press" mantra needs to be seriously re-examined, given the disgusting damage they have caused to so many people's lives with their outright lies. They should be given the freedom to write what they want, but in the knowledge that if they print or say a complete lie that they can be held 100% accountable with financial and/or criminal penalties. And "sources" need to be named in any criminal proceedings.

It's all part of the game now isn't it, speculation regarding contracts, transfer targets the fee and once Sky or the BBC say someone is on 40k a week it's the gospel.
For those of you too young to remember
I wish I'd earned the money "The Sun" said I was on in the '70s for sleeping on nights. I'd have retired when I was 50.

Truth is these made-up stories have been around for years but they now have a bigger audience and the public can join in easier

First rumour for January is Mohamed Simakan (BBC Sport Gossip). 20 year old French central defender for Strasbourg also linked to AC Milan and Dortmund.

Apparently we tried to sign him in the summer but might go back in for him in January. It would be nice to get some better competition for Konsa and Mings than Engels, who I have no faith in whatsoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.