The James Chester Thread | Vital Football

The James Chester Thread

Sorry but disgraceful from the club for making him play and not promoting a youth player to fill his void, it's not like we won the games anyway so what's the harm in dropping him for one of the "promising" kids and fixing his injury, another player left to the dogs by Villa staff.

Sorry but disgraceful from the club for making him play and not promoting a youth player to fill his void, it's not like we won the games anyway so what's the harm in dropping him for one of the "promising" kids and fixing his injury, another player left to the dogs by Villa staff.

Knowing Chester he'd hate being dropped, but more to the point, who is this youth player who could fill the void?

Knowing Chester he'd hate being dropped, but more to the point, who is this youth player who could fill the void?

I would of put Sulliman in there since he's our highest rated young CB, worth a punt I would have thought, the manager could be forgiven for giving it a go as Chester has clearly been struggling.

Sulliman is back with us after flopping in the Eredivisie - the chance to blood him was the Cups, not now as he has too much to learn. I'm amazed he didn't go out to L2 to get on the ladder last month.

been great for us, hope this was just an unlucky injury and that he will fully recover. Knees are a nightmare when they start to go wonky. Hope he doesn't get any adverse reactions now back in training.

Any news on when Tammy will be back?

After Leeds is my assumption, just to give him a few extra days to rest the shoulder up.

Good to see the reaction to Chester coming back as nobody knows just how much his form earlier in the season was hit given he played through the pain and he deserves his plaudits for that given how short we were.

Yup, compare to those players who don't 'feel' right yet the medics clear them , he's earned his corn for us that's for sure.

Mings , Axel , Hause , Elphick , Chester , Jedi (if needed)

Well covered there now , I think Mings and Axel are first choice now though.

Chester 100% professional. Teams are built gradually and without his performances in the past maybe we wouldn't have had the platform to build on where we are now.

Yup, and for those who feel Hause is better in the left back spot, he can make it his own with cover in the centre now as well.

Played through the pain when we had no other choice earlier in the season and it cost him. It's no coincidence that his worst firm in a villa shirt came during the time after the initial injury. The club owes him in my opinion.