The Jaded County 1 Woking 3 Thread | Vital Football

The Jaded County 1 Woking 3 Thread

I have thought this from just a few games in this season - Jim IS getting almost every last drop out of our current players. Or rather the players that got us up this season - he cannot do much more with them. Interesting him mentioning Anthony Pilikington and how he learned and learned and kept on listening and learning as his career went up and up. Nyal Bell looks to be the other sort of player... natural ability but not a sharp football brain. Hope I am wrong but either Jim's words were a final kick up the backside or Nyal's days are numbered. Shame as I really want him to succeed (Brinny lad I think?)

^^^ A hard watch to be honest... bailed out and fast-forwarded to our consolation goal :(

Agreed, we go 1½ steps forward and then 1 back. I know that my heart tells me that going full time is the solution but my head keeps saying "do we want to go Bury's route" or should we cut our coat according to our cloth.

We have one of (if not THE) best managers in non-league in my view and he is pretty much getting the most out of his squad.

Are the current owners syphoning off some of the profits to reduce their losses? Losses that a number of them accrued after we left administration with the slate clean?

Or are they being prudent and spending only what we can afford to do - which even with Jim in charge will slow down our fight to get back to the football league?

I do not know but I have this niggle that not all the money from gates and cup runs is reaching the playing side.

I stand by my feeling that we do not have the worst owners, and not even bad owners. Rather we have owners who are unable or unwilling to take the club further at any speed.

Even Jim may run out of patience one day.

I am relying on a Littlewoods win to enable me to purchase a pied à terre in Stockport for home games and give me some money to invest in the team. Better get that coupon out!

Latest County News