The Jacob Ramsey Thread | Page 6 | Vital Football

The Jacob Ramsey Thread

Can I just say his Brother is even better from what I've seen
Worryingly, the same thing was being said when the older Moore and Gardner brothers were coming through.... Probably accurate, but seeing as none of them ever actually did much it sends a little shiver every time I hear that "the younger brother is better" phrase....

Worryingly, the same thing was being said when the older Moore and Gardner brothers were coming through.... Probably accurate, but seeing as none of them ever actually did much it sends a little shiver every time I hear that "the younger brother is better" phrase....

They always say that about the younger brother.

They always say that about the younger brother.
With the exception of Alan Little :grinning::grinning: To say the younger brother is showing more promise/potential at an equivalent age is OK I guess, but so much happens between 16 and 22 years of age in terms of physical and emotional/mental development that it's impossible to know....

I expect him to start tomorrow, I think he's a great fit in games where there is less quality and more hustle and bustle. I think he's actually really useful in preventing us being overran in MF.

Thought this lad was excellent. He's come on so much since last season. Definitely rewarding the faith shown in him by Smith when many, myself included were wondering what he saw in him.

Thought this lad was excellent. He's come on so much since last season. Definitely rewarding the faith shown in him by Smith when many, myself included were wondering what he saw in him.
Definitely improving, but he's got more to do, like really make his mark on the game. He did fade, and needed to be taken off. Stupid yellow card though.

Played very well today, as he has most games but apparently, he doesn't"do" anything.
Certainly doesn't look out of place

He’s starting to now look like a player who has proven he has the right to be on the pitch, knocking the likes of Saul off the ball and winning free kicks from Havertz. I felt last season he still had the presence of a youth player, but he now seems sharper and fitter, and a bit more aggressive.

It’s extremely hard to play at the top level with the athleticism involved, even for chiselled teenagers or those in their early 20’s up even up against experienced 30+ year olds they can look out of place, but to go nearly 60 minutes and you could argue the best player in midfield for the time he was on against some class players, is a big step on.

If he can keep improving, we’ll start seeing a very competent ball carrying central midfielder, who will start adding assists and goals to his name.

A long way to go, we’ve seen players get to this point and disappear though.

He’s starting to now look like a player who has proven he has the right to be on the pitch, knocking the likes of Saul off the ball and winning free kicks from Havertz. I felt last season he still had the presence of a youth player, but he now seems sharper and fitter, and a bit more aggressive.

It’s extremely hard to play at the top level with the athleticism involved, even for chiselled teenagers or those in their early 20’s up even up against experienced 30+ year olds they can look out of place, but to go nearly 60 minutes and you could argue the best player in midfield for the time he was on against some class players, is a big step on.

If he can keep improving, we’ll start seeing a very competent ball carrying centralit looks to me as if he believes he midfielder, who will start adding assists and goals to his name.

A long way to go, we’ve seen players get to this point and disappear though.

I thought he was terrific today. Took the game to the European Champions on their home ground and it looks to me as if he believes he can play at this level now. Credit to Deano and the coaching staff , they are bringing him on well.

I thought he was terrific today. Took the game to the European Champions on their home ground and it looks to me as if he believes he can play at this level now. Credit to Deano and the coaching staff , they are bringing him on well.

I've been one of his biggest critics but today was the best I've seen him play.

Goes to show we'll write players off..when actually, it's the system that can often make them look crap.
That busy and compact modifield 3 suited him very well.

Goes to show we'll write players off..when actually, it's the system that can often make them look crap.
I think playing and training with the first team that he's equally as good if not better than fancy Dan signings that have come in,it also means more to him as it's his club. well until Man City pay 100m for him in 4 years time

As per my post in the match thread. No one had written him off :help: