The player who left thread | Page 385 | Vital Football

The player who left thread

Fluffy bollocks, it's a throw away comment, I'm yet to see any quotes where Jack explains why Mourinho would be good for him. Ultimately, he's not going to say he'd not want to play under him is he basically because of what he has won grinding out games with total boredom.

Mourinho at no point in his career has demonstrated he would know how to use Jack, he couldn't even use Bale at two attempts without falling out with him twice.

Agree MF.

Salt/pinch.

Also meant to say given how close Jack and Dele seem to be - as well, if I was Jack I also wouldn't have taken too kindly to Mourinho throwing a mate under a bus for his own failings but wanting a scapegoat knowing full well the BS he's been on the end of from Southgate himself.

Because again, Dele is a player Mourinho cannot work into his system.

Did you watch the interview ? Hopefully one day I can play under him, not it would of been great to have his experience, he’s literally talking about his future and just creamed himself talking about Mourinho for a couple of minutes.
I think it’s just a weird comment to make, Especially when Mourinho doesn’t have much financial backing and Roma aren’t exactly massive, I agree Mourinho would probably ruin Jack, but he didn’t need to say all that stuff.

He’s going no where this season, and obviously we want him to be here forever, but maybe Jack really isn’t in the mind frame of being a one club man.

Who knows, none of us know, I’m just taking Jacks actual words.

Also meant to say given how close Jack and Dele seem to be - as well, if I was Jack I also wouldn't have taken too kindly to Mourinho throwing a mate under a bus for his own failings but wanting a scapegoat knowing full well the BS he's been on the end of from Southgate himself.

Because again, Dele is a player Mourinho cannot work into his system.

I'd also suggest that Dele is a player that has failed to kick on from his early promise and has plateaued. Mourinho didn't pick him at Spuds, and nor did Poch during his final season. Even when the caretaker came in he was not a 90-minute player. He was in fact, shocking against us....

No chance V4E, it was a throwaway.

GM - Dele's gone off the boil, but he was injured and Poch also spoke openly, as did Dele, about changing his style of play in those final two seasons.

They wanted to make him a more rounded midfielder with defensive duties - it's why his attacking play tailed off and it didn't suit, confidence etc.

He hasn't been the same since and Mourinho's bus routine certainly didn't help.

At some point Jack will and should move on. There's an interesting football world out there and he ought to experience some of it before he retires. But he can have a good career with us first.

The club's in a good place. Jack's in a good place. Make the most of it.

As for Mourinho, I'm one of those who thinks he's a very good manager. Understand why Jack does as well.

Jack saying one day he hopes to play under Jose Mourinho, so Jack doesn’t see himself finishing his career at Villa, or playing under Deano in the long run, assuming he’d come here for Jack which wouldn’t happen.

Trying not to be a dampener on things but I didn’t expect Jack to come out with that.

https://www.planetfootball.com/vide...he-hopes-to-play-under-jose-mourinho-one-day/

Any other player I would take it seriously but Jack Grealish, to put it nicely, seems not to be a very deep thinker. Sometimes it's almost as if he's been smoking wacky backy the way he acts. Probably helps his game as he thinks so little about things he's always relaxed and playing freely. Unless somebody triggers the release clause I doubt he will give moving a 2nd thought. His biggest priority after the Euros will no doubt be to go and get pissed.

That's a bit unfair. That was our attacking plan after Barkley gave up football, sometime around Christmas.

It was slightly tongue in cheek but honestly when you've one of the worlds best why not give him the ball at every chance.

Any other player I would take it seriously but Jack Grealish, to put it nicely, seems not to be a very deep thinker. Sometimes it's almost as if he's been smoking wacky backy the way he acts. Probably helps his game as he thinks so little about things he's always relaxed and playing freely. Unless somebody triggers the release clause I doubt he will give moving a 2nd thought. His biggest priority after the Euros will no doubt be to go and get pissed.

As far as I knew we didn’t have a release clause in his contract, that was his old contract set at around 80m, I would of assumed the owners would of taken that clause away after doubling his salary and probably giving him a sweet signing on bonus.

I get what you’re saying, an I get what @mike_field is saying too, I’m just not sure myself, it was only last summer he said he was 50/50 on staying, an Deano said we didn’t have any offers for him.

He’s never once said I’m staying at Villa for the foreseeable with all the rumours floating around, I think we’ve done enough to keep him, an as long as the owners keep pumping money in, we keep replacing our good players with even better ones then I think we’ll match his ambition, bring players into the club that excites the lad.

I think if we did bring in Rowe and Prowse for example not only would it cement top 6 for me, which I think we’ll get with Buendia here, but I also think having someone like Rowe to learn off Grealish might be his future replacement if he really wants a Premier League/Champions League title that he might not be able to get with us.

I’m not worried about this season, an with the current rumours/business we’re doing I’m not overly concerned, He’s earnt a move if he really wants one in the future.

Interviewer tells Jack that Dean Smith has said Jack has an encyclopedic knowledge of football which leads to Jack revealing he doesn't know what an encyclopedia is. This leads to the interviewer having to explain what an encyclopedia is in order for Jack to properly answer the question.

Sums up what I was going to say about Jack - he's not the brightest. He didnt think before he answered, he just answered. Im with Mike on this just a throw away comment.

Also worth mentioning - "be great to play under him" - where? Roma? He's not going back to Chelsea, Spurs, United and City won't have him. He probably won't go back to Madrid and Barca arent going to hire. List of clubs good enough to lure him away rapidly dwindling if we think its Jose that will be managing.