The player who left thread | Page 346 | Vital Football

The player who left thread

Here's the key quote from that article:

But the next day he feels lethargic and can't perform to the best of his ability.

It's not Jack then. I can think of one England international midfielder currently playing for the Villa who looks lethargic and can't perform to the best of his ability.
It's definitely not Jack mate you look at him in the warm up he's as bright as a button very alert always responsive to what anyone says to him.He would be totally the opposite if he was hooked on downers.

Yeah, lets not go down the rumour route without anything to back it up.

I fucking hate twitter and so on for this very reason. Cesspit of bullshit.

Yes, Twitter is a sewer that attracts some really nasty people who seem to get off by being vile while they hide behind a keyboard. And that also, unfortunately, includes lots of misguided Villa fans as well.

I try to ignore it as I find if I do go on it my temper starts to rise along with no doubt my blood pressure.

Some of the noses across town are so bitter towards the Villa and particularly Jack Grealish that they have a habit of rewriting history in their favour on lots of things and jump on any gossip on him.

He hasn't helped his cause by being stupid with his antics and they have jumped on that with glee and it most certainly isn't how I want my captain of Aston villa to behave.

Nevertheless, he is a fantastic player and we are a far better team with him fully fit and playing rather than being out so I hope to see him back ASAP.

The socks down.....or short socks thing is asking for trouble. Looks like we've got it.

I have said for a while that Smith needs to call for protection from referees. Yes it's bollocks but you have to play the game. It became acceptable in recent weeks to boot Grealish out of the game. One pillock commentator on the west ham game was salivating at the thought of their full back roughing him out of it. Smith has also ran our first 11 ragged recently and it has backfired. But hey, at least he's banned them from playing fantasy football which is something.

Let’s face it, if it is Jack hooked on the old sleeping pills and vodka etc...and that’s apparently making him lethargic, affecting his performance....Jesus wept if he can be weened off it....teams find it difficult to cope with him as it is...once he felt ‘less lethargic‘ he’d soon be worth about £400m wouldn’t he?! On a serious note....it surely ain’t Jack!

Seem to remember we have been here before with SJ. Dec 18 - Feb 19. Every week he might be back, he’s doesn’t make it and then before we know it 8 weeks has passed

Very concerning.

Reading in the Bmail quotes from Smith. He hasn’t got a clue.

Sounds more like a tweak of sorts rather than an injury per se and Jack just doesn't 'feel' right. Could explain recent form with him not being truly on it, but equally, unless DS is being really coy on things, he shouldn't be out for too long if he's resting right.

Sounds more like a tweak of sorts rather than an injury per se and Jack just doesn't 'feel' right. Could explain recent form with him not being truly on it, but equally, unless DS is being really coy on things, he shouldn't be out for too long if he's resting right.

Pretty obvious Mike really, he hasn't been on the ball literally for weeks has he, as Villa fans we notice this, the rest of the football world hasn't. Just like his performances for England have been rank average for Jack but raved about by the media, just shows they don't know the Jack we do.
His legs must be black and blue, I'm surprised someone hasn't really managed to do him yet, he's a bit too slippery for that I suppose and rolls with the blows.
If he's not playing it must be bad because he's played through this before until he can't do it any longer.
I think he'll be out for weeks, to be honest.
Dean is a bit of fibber when he says he doesn't know how long, of course he does. Jack our star man our captain, the main focus of the club, of course, he has knowledge of the medical condition of all his player, not just Jack.
They must think we are all stupid.

Last edited:
Sounds very much like the problem he’s had in the past with his shins etc even though Smith intimated it possibly wasn’t but to me it sounds very similar....and the only cure is rest. As much as it pains me to say it, I’d be very surprised if we see him sooner rather than later tbh.

He'll be saving himself for the Euros then it appears .
Ei
ther way, 2nd long lay off in 3 years for the same problem will impact his market value.
Disappointing few weeks for villa .

Rubbish . Absolutely he won't.

Not saying he won't be thinking about it but if nothing else he has shown he loves his villa and is desperate to play for us .