The player who left thread | Page 339 | Vital Football

The player who left thread

What was up with him last night.

Yes, there was the substitution strop. A common thing that goes on so not a concern .

But, junior 1 has just been watching the game back and bits I have just seen of Jack in the first half he looked frustrated when passes didn’t get to him, lots of arm throwing in the air and muttering to himself and that hang-dog expression was there in the first half as well.

Yes, there was the substitution strop. A common thing that goes on so not a concern .

But, junior 1 has just been watching the game back and bits I have just seen of Jack in the first half he looked frustrated when passes didn’t get to him, lots of arm throwing in the air and muttering to himself and that hang-dog expression was there in the first half as well.
I think he's probably watching the likes of Foden and Maddison scoring and assisting goals and worrying about his England spot. Probably feels he needs to start scoring and assisting far more to get a place on the plane let alone the team in the summer. Barkley had a strop too, they want to play in the easy games so they can get their tallies up.

Super Jack hasn't scored for a while either , so I wonder if that is playing on his mind. Also he always seems to take a couple or so games to get up to speed after a break , so he is probably frustrated with himself , been a bit below par in these two games.

I didn’t notice that apart from when he was taken off which we found quite amusing, like a big kid. Hope he wasn’t comparing the quality of our overall passing to Man City’s because we were miles short. A bit sloppy. Perhaps he was frustrated with himself as well. It’s no good worrying whether he’s going to get his eye turned to a club competing in the champion’s league because we can do nothing about it. But the sloppiness in good positions needs to go and the worst offenders were Barkley, Luiz, Traore and himself.

He's not himself and not for four or five games IMO.
He's not trying to beat people as much.
Think he just needs something to click for him.

He is not England class at the moment...which as others have said may be his frustration.