The player who left thread | Page 243 | Vital Football

The player who left thread

He needs more quality around him to progress now.

He holds onto the ball too long sometimes, but i suspect that’s because he knows he won’t get it back if he does pass it on... so I’m unsure if that’s a Jack or a Villa problem...

His finishing was a question before but that’s improved massively this year, so he is still improving which is scary!

The next thing Jack really needs to work on is his set pieces.

That's one area that he really trails behind the like of Maddison at Leicester, and he seems happy to step aside and let Connor or Luiz take everything.

With his natural ability he should be able to work on his free kicks at the training ground and add that to his armoury.

David Beckham used to stay behind for an hour after every training session to work on his. If Jack had that work ethic, he could add that to his game I'm sure of it.

Not that I'm saying he doesn't have a good work wthic coz I think he has, i just think he needs to focus it on improving areas of weakness of which dead ball situations is definitely one.

Well the rules state you have to be 23 or under at the start of the season, so Jack does indeed fit the criteria - same age as Martial.
I'd guess Alexander-Arnold will probably win it though.