The player who left thread | Page 200 | Vital Football

The player who left thread

Is this flat in question a regular bolt hole / bar for the players ?? All a bit weird with the Ross McCormack links and worrying that the club culture has become rank again

A thought has been pinging around what passes for my brain. And it's not a new thought. I've been wondering about it for weeks. It's this.

For the past 6 weeks or so Jack has gone off the boil. He's no longer influencing games to the same degree as he was. And he hasn't looked exactly healthy either, almost as though he's carrying a bit too much weight. Could this incident not be a one off, a spur of the moment thing, but actually a reflection of a lifestyle which hasn't of late been what it should be? Don't know, but I can't see why he should flip all of a sudden.

Is this flat in question a regular bolt hole / bar for the players ?? All a bit weird with the Ross McCormack links and worrying that the club culture has become rank again

Ive said in a previous comment I can’t for the life of me believe ross McCormack was there or that it’s his flat, it just doesn’t make sense. I did think for a minute it might be Drinkwater’s with it supposedly being a rented flat and him only being here on loan but he’s at home in Manchester actually observing the current rules, credit where it’s due. Hopefully it was just something fairly innocent like going round his mates to play fifa or spending the night with a love interest. I’m sure many have done such things in the last week or so but he’s been caught unfortunately for him.

A thought has been pinging around what passes for my brain. And it's not a new thought. I've been wondering about it for weeks. It's this.

For the past 6 weeks or so Jack has gone off the boil. He's no longer influencing games to the same degree as he was. And he hasn't looked exactly healthy either, almost as though he's carrying a bit too much weight. Could this incident not be a one off, a spur of the moment thing, but actually a reflection of a lifestyle which hasn't of late been what it should be? Don't know, but I can't see why he should flip all of a sudden.
I think he may have already left the club emotionally. Maybe the deal to Manure has been done, who knows?

From Ian Wright Wright Wright on BBC..

'He's linked with massive clubs like Manchester United so you've got to act accordingly, and I hope that isn't something that will really cause him a lot of problems (in the future)'.

Oh fuck off off off!!!.

He is at a massive club , just because he is linked with the the likes of Manure doesn't mean he should behave for just for their benefit.

Anyone following JF's well worded rant on Twitter (admittedly I'm more forgiving because Jack isn't at risk of this and I can half understand it (flame me now I don't care)) but even I know he was a cock given his position and status.

I've never been more tempted to get involved with social media than I have tonight but I'm convinced I don't want to be associated with those people.

Ive said in a previous comment I can’t for the life of me believe ross McCormack was there or that it’s his flat, it just doesn’t make sense. I did think for a minute it might be Drinkwater’s with it supposedly being a rented flat and him only being here on loan but he’s at home in Manchester actually observing the current rules, credit where it’s due. Hopefully it was just something fairly innocent like going round his mates to play fifa or spending the night with a love interest. I’m sure many have done such things in the last week or so but he’s been caught unfortunately for him.
Probably been said before but neighbours claimed there was a right racket going on for hours. Then at 8am the car crash.....that is seemingly jack grealish.

Ross might own it but I don't think he'd be hanging around there, not his style. Probably at home.

Hope the press do a good job for once in finding out who the "other 2 PL stars" are. Until it's known, there will be all sorts of speculation which won't do innocent parties any good.

Also hope someone brings it home to Jack how awful his second tweet was.

I have no time for today's Football Players, so overpaid and if it wasn't for the terrible consequences of the Chinese Virus running for Months, then I would quite happily see Clubs and Players be financially ruined causing the Players and Agents to rethink that maybe 2000 a week is not a bad wage for basically kicking a bag of wind around and being paid for doing your hobby. All those who have lost their Jobs I am sure would'nt mind a fraction of what they get. The Season is over but hold on what about the lost Millions in TV rights etc. etc. more important than anything else, thats the one and only reason why UEFA/FA are twisting themselves into knots trying to force the Season to complete and no time for players to get match fit. As for Jack, well the blokes an utter Moron, hopefully not typical of the rest of the Villa squad but should be let go, if anyone will take him. After all as my old Dad used to say the Graveyard is full of indispensable people.

I have no time for today's Football Players, so overpaid and if it wasn't for the terrible consequences of the Chinese Virus running for Months, then I would quite happily see Clubs and Players be financially ruined causing the Players and Agents to rethink that maybe 2000 a week is not a bad wage for basically kicking a bag of wind around and being paid for doing your hobby. All those who have lost their Jobs I am sure would'nt mind a fraction of what they get. The Season is over but hold on what about the lost Millions in TV rights etc. etc. more important than anything else, thats the one and only reason why UEFA/FA are twisting themselves into knots trying to force the Season to complete and no time for players to get match fit. As for Jack, well the blokes an utter Moron, hopefully not typical of the rest of the Villa squad but should be let go, if anyone will take him. After all as my old Dad used to say the Graveyard is full of indispensable people.

For me this exact situation is why they should be paid well.
You can't fart and end up being ridiculed at every angle...bar celebrity, who else is vilified in the media for making a human mistake that we all do?
He should face the consequence of his actions and be punished accordingly, and punished further should he not learn. But the amount of responsibility hanging over his shoulders, justifies the wage.
I'm older than Jack, yet the thought of having to tread on egg shells everyday of my life as not to be lambasted in the papers and social media for making a mistake is a horrible thought.
If these issues 'put off' the likes of UTD etc, then good, he can stay. But I doubt it, Suarez bit someone and is an alleged racist ffs and one of the worlds biggest clubs still bought him.

Clearly our own masseur being hospitalised was not enough to get the seriousness of this situation into Grealish’s thick skull. Seeing Gabby sending a message of support to him is even more depressing, but par for the recent course at our once great club.
Nobody ever got rich by betting on exactly how thick footballers are.

Jack's "Apology video" was nothing short of embarrassing, someone should have checked that before it was released. No genuine remorse & "stay in as I will be doing in the near future", no, as of now idiot. Also, finished by saying "when all this BOILS over".
An incredibly talented footballer, but, has heaped so much shame on our proud club.
Someone at VP should tell him that he needs to pay an additional voluntary contribution to the hospital trust, on top of what the club have fined him.

Anyone following JF's well worded rant on Twitter (admittedly I'm more forgiving because Jack isn't at risk of this and I can half understand it (flame me now I don't care)) but even I know he was a cock given his position and status.

I've never been more tempted to get involved with social media than I have tonight but I'm convinced I don't want to be associated with those people.

Ha, yes, I'm at arms length most of the time on twitter these days, hateful place. But put my 2 pennies on the Jack sorry/not sorry video. Got a 1.2k likes, then those too dim to think for themselves so who need a celebrity to tell them what to do didn't like it, so win win.

Apparently I need to get off my high horse! :bull:

Fact remains true, don't tell others what to do when you are too thick and ignorant to do it yourself. I don't give a stuff that he has let himself down, that doesn't surprise me at all, but he has let the club and the fans who worship him down and let the obsessed from other clubs have a go.

I stand by the comment I made, that is no apology at all and our relatives had to go to war, all we have to do is stay home, or close to home (as we can go out, we aren't in prison, we can exercise, got the shop for food etc)

I think I'm over it already. Footballers aren't gods or demons; they're young men with a ton of money and the weirdest lives you can imagine. Don't read this as sympathy for them but more realising I'm actually more surprised that this kind of thing doesn't happen more.

If this crisis gives us anything, it should be perspective about who the real heroes and role models in our society are, and it's the ones on the key workers list, not some ridiculously wealthy young men who kick a ball for a living.

I know that I wouldn't accept a lift from him. I don't know about resuming training, it looks like he needs to take his driving test again.
The other worrying aspect has been mentioned earlier. Was this a one off or a regular social event?

Who’d of thought that very little form of education makes most footballers thick as pig shit!!

Things like this is why he’s not made the England squad and will take another 2 years of acting like a golden child for most to forget this latest embarrassment.

I think I'm over it already. Footballers aren't gods or demons; they're young men with a ton of money and the weirdest lives you can imagine. Don't read this as sympathy for them but more realising I'm actually more surprised that this kind of thing doesn't happen more.

If this crisis gives us anything, it should be perspective about who the real heroes and role models in our society are, and it's the ones on the key workers list, not some ridiculously wealthy young men who kick a ball for a living.

It is the hypocrisy telling others what to do, then not doing it. He is meant to - whether he likes it or not - set an example. At the very least you would think our captain could not drag our club through the gutter, AGAIN.

Last edited:

Or is it another sign of him giving up after his no show in the last debacle of a football match? The problem with these guys is that there is always someone around the corner who will give them a king’s ransom of a get out. Which he’s probably already at least half thinking about.
It shows lack of respect for the club, the fans and in particular Dean Smith and his management team.