The player who left thread | Page 186 | Vital Football

The player who left thread

Need to get real.

We can't be saying he's good enough for Madrid in one breath and then expecting him to stick with us in the Championship in the next.

He'll want to leave. No doubt. Maybe with a heavy heart hit he'll want out.

Same token mate you can't say he definitely wants to leave, but with a heavy heart....he has years ahead of him, he can try and take us to the promise land of success before he sells out for trophies and money.

I don't think relegation matters - it'll depend on the plan, the vision, learning from mistakes as not being funny, I think he's wise enough to know this season was going to be a shit show given last summers upheaval.

You're right mike I can't saying anything for definite. I'm just being logical and taking the claret & blue specs off.

If Spurs got relegated would you expect Kane to stay?

Even Mr Newcastle himself Alan Shearer, only my opinion but if Newcastle had gone down do you really think he would have stayed? I just can't see it.

Jack is at that level now. He's far too good to ever player 2nd tier football again.

You're right mike I can't saying anything for definite. I'm just being logical and taking the claret & blue specs off.

Even Mr Newcastle himself Alan Shearer, only my opinion but if Newcastle had gone down do you really think he would have stayed? I just can't see it.

Jack is at that level now. He's far too good to ever player 2nd tier football again.

We aren't getting relegated.

if we do stay up then there is every chance he will stay as long as we wanted him too and didnt need to cash in .remember steve gerrard when he stayed at a then average liverpool simply because his heart was there

Kane's a different case. He's been at the top a number of years, at his home club. It would be quite natural for him to want to test himself elsewhere, while he still has time. At the right time, change can be good for everybody.

Jack, even if he reaches to top with us, at some point will probably move on for exactly the same reason. But at the moment he's just aiming to reach the top; moving on just for the sake of it isn't really the issue. With Jack it's a question of how far he can get with us. It's still possible for him to develop as a player with us. It's equally possible that we may become a bit of a dead end for him. Think he'll be looking closely at what the immediate future at Villa offers.

No, it's a fair comparison re Kane - but I would say the difference there is the difference in levels. Jack is just proving himself so might stay for that extra year regardless....Kane has proven himself so given his service so far, Spurs sliding even out of Europe becomes a question for him.

Kane was an Arsenal fan as a boy. When Jack was 6 he was jumping into the hedge in his back garden practising celebrating scoring in front of the Holte.

Which he has done for real now.

Does that mean he wants to do it for ever at the expense of his career?

Who knows.

Exactly mate, all I know is he'll be a multi millionaire in 4 years time regarless of where he is .
I don't think any of us can comprehend having enough money at 27 never having to work again. If he doesn't want to, he might want to copy his mate Gabby for all we know , stay until he's 31 and just pack up

Got a mate who was in the Villa youth team with Jack. Says he was an arrogant p**ck but justifiably because he was light years ahead. Jack will know he's still ahead of the curve and will want to challenge himself. He's now captained his boyhood club and achieved many of his ambitions. He'll move IMHO and I will wish him well and thank him for his service. Have no justification for my opinion but Villa are years from being competitive.

He'll move IMHO and I will wish him well and thank him for his service. Have no justification for my opinion but Villa are years from being competitive.

I've mislaid my crystal ball so can't tell you, at the moment, what the future holds for us. And no matter who we buy or sell in the summer there's no certainty about anything, there never is. But the players we've got now have PL experience. Shove in a few extra quality players and we could become competitive very quickly.

I have to agree, there will be big time interest in him and I think his head will be turned. The players we have even with a years experience largely look bottom 5 calibre at this level. I cannot see us signing enough quality to be anything other than a bottom 7-8 side next season should we stay up, especially when you factor in the quality of the manager and coaching here.

I have to agree, there will be big time interest in him and I think his head will be turned. The players we have even with a years experience largely look bottom 5 calibre at this level. I cannot see us signing enough quality to be anything other than a bottom 7-8 side next season should we stay up, especially when you factor in the quality of the manager and coaching here.
Agenda alert, agenda alert :yawning: Let's leave the anti-Smith rhetoric for his thread :thumbup:

Agenda alert, agenda alert :yawning: Let's leave the anti-Smith rhetoric for his thread :thumbup:
Not rating Smith and the coaching at the club isn't having an 'agenda'. I think you should go and research what 'having an agenda' actually means.

I'm simply making a point that the clubs' prospects should we stay up are hardly consistent with the ambitions of a top player like Grealish.

Not rating Smith and the coaching at the club isn't having an 'agenda'. I think you should go and research what 'having an agenda' actually means.

I'm simply making a point that the clubs' prospects should we stay up are hardly consistent with the ambitions of a top player like Grealish.
Knew you'd bite :fish:. I don't have a problem with your point of view, change can often be positive, I just don't want change for the sake of change.

If we change managers the remit must still remain to get the youth structure right and promote from within. Find me a manager with a successful track record of doing that and being competitive and I'm with you. Just shouting "Smith must go" doesn't get me on-board.

Knew you'd bite :fish:. I don't have a problem with your point of view, change can often be positive, I just don't want change for the sake of change.

If we change managers the remit must still remain to get the youth structure right and promote from within. Find me a manager with a successful track record of doing that and being competitive and I'm with you. Just shouting "Smith must go" doesn't get me on-board.
:off: get a grip Merd