The player who left thread | Page 177 | Vital Football

The player who left thread

If he considered another club then he'd want to know he was a guaranteed starter, and moreover was a key player in the system, rather than just a cog. Very few top clubs would offer him that. Lower clubs like Palace might, but can't see him swapping Villa for Palace.

If he considered another club then he'd want to know he was a guaranteed starter, and moreover was a key player in the system, rather than just a cog. Very few top clubs would offer him that. Lower clubs like Palace might, but can't see him swapping Villa for Palace.

As I say it's all moot as only he can come to that sort of determination. I personally think there are 'top' clubs where he would emerge as a regular starter, he's that damn good. We really do have an exceptional player on our hands.

United also favourites to sign Sancho.

1) Have they found a magic money tree somewhere?

2) Ed Woodward is an incompetent clown who can't seem to get any big signings done.

3) How is Ole going to fit Sancho, Rashford, Fernandes, James, Maddison and Grealish into the same side?

4) Jack is WAAAAY too good for United. Only club in England that would suite him right now is Man City, other than that he should be going to PSG, Bayern, Barca or Madrid.

Bayern? No chance. They won’t pay the money I’m guessing the club will be asking for and I very much doubt he’d want to go the Bundesliga, even Bayern. I like that league and watch it but how often do the top players go there? I can’t think of any examples off the top of my head, they usually become good players there such as sancho, lewandowski and more.

Last edited:
Not a lot of point second guessing anything too much in fairness (which I've been guilty of myself).

In terms of the clubs that may be in for him, money talks, so whether it's City, PSG, United or whoever as long as the bid tabled matches the club's valuation it will be accepted.

Hard to know how Grealish would respond, totally on him, he may see United as very appealing he may not. He may want to remain here given he's a fan, he may not and see playing for a club much further up the table and in Europe as more appealing.

The beauty is that we will find out soon, the summer isn't far away and clubs absolutely 100% will be making concrete bids for him. The only clear circumstance for me is relegation, if we go down he will definitely be gone.

Yes PSG can afford him no problem but as I’ve said above about Bayern, why would he go there? And why would they be in for him? Neymar has made that mistake, wasted himself going to that league. Certainly not the league to go to become a top player and once you go there you’re pretty much stuck because PSG can ask for what they like and not many clubs can afford it, which is why Neymar is still there and not back in a Spain.

Last edited:
The press are really trying to get him away from us aren't they? If Man.U are daft enough to spend 80 m on Maguire we shouldn't be asking any less than double that.

When Spurs came in for Jack originally, he hadn't asked to leave, in fact indications were that he didn't want to. But he was told that in order to save the club he'd have to go. Emotional blackmail. He came round to the idea, under pressure, and then wasn't too happy when suddenly it was blocked. Can understand that. But we're now in a very different scenario.

Before, Poch was talking about putting him through a training regime and introducing him gradually. I think other "top" clubs would be thinking along the same lines. Don't think Jack would be at all happy with that. If we look to have a decent future going forwards, in which he'd be a key player, I think that's something he'd put a high value on.

And I can't see the owners selling him unless he really wants to go.

"How is Ole going to fit Sancho, Rashford, Fernandes, James, Maddison and Grealish into the same side?"

Saw this and couldn't resist...

Rashford
Grealish Maddison Sancho
Mactominay Fernandes
Shaw Maguire Lindelof Wan Bissaka
De Gea

That would be some team!

But Grealish wont be going anywhere if we stay up and win the league cup. Which we will.

4) Jack is WAAAAY too good for United. Only club in England that would suite him right now is Man City, other than that he should be going to PSG, Bayern, Barca or Madrid.

Completely agree, I wouldn’t begrudge him a move to any of those foreign clubs. A villa born and bred player being the pin up boy for one of the best sides in the world? It’s when I see fairly low odds for moves to the likes of Leicester or Palace that rile me.

I think Citeh will watching him closely, Silva is retiring, De Bryune is always a tackle away from injury, and some of the others like Gundogan and Mahrez - very good players, but will they be in a top city side in 5 years?

Obviously I want him to be here for life, the reality though is he might get a league cup medal, a few good FA cup runs and the odd European qualification - and that’s if it goes well. I love the optimism he won’t leave,

They paid £80m for Maguire. Jack is worth at least double that.

I don't think he'll go. As long as the club is progressing, he'll want to be here.

It's funny though, the more the newspapers repeat their bullshit, the more believable it sounds.
its not up to them .if villa ask for 80 million and they want the player then 80 million they have to pay .if i see a car in a show room for 20k i cant say its not worth 20k i will pay you 12k
who the fuck do they think they are .it may have worked 25 years ago when utd were a force .but if they wont pay the asking price someone else will

"How is Ole going to fit Sancho, Rashford, Fernandes, James, Maddison and Grealish into the same side?"

Saw this and couldn't resist...

Rashford
Grealish Maddison Sancho
Mactominay Fernandes
Shaw Maguire Lindelof Wan Bissaka
De Gea

That would be some team!

But Grealish wont be going anywhere if we stay up and win the league cup. Which we will.
thats on paper and it would be a good team .if they all gel and all play at the top of there game but that very rarely happens and maguire is average at best

Jack knows his football, Man U are on the slide and they have been for a long time - now he's knuckled down and matured, he doesn't strike me as a player to make decisions on money when he knows he's already on good cash + he could easily accept a lower basic with a better club, and make far more with success bonuses.

We hear from the Owners , CEO and everyone else at Villa we want to build a team to challenge , if that’s the case it’s simple , we keep Grealish but add very high quality additions in the summer. Can’t continue to sell our stars , maybe we should have that on our shirts ‘Not a selling club’ and that might stop all the papers and pundits selling our players, quite frankly couple that with the VAR farce (another one in the Wolves game tonight) it’s almost makes you feel like saying enough is enough, football needs to have a big look at its self?

Jack talking to Dele Alli at the end with both hiding their mouths from the cameras. You can just imagine the conversation.
Sadly, we are about to witness the last few games of Jack in a Villa shirt and it does not matter what they offer him in terms of enhanced payments, he cannot afford to play for us any longer as he is risking his career every week by carrying fucking useless team mates.

Showed some great quality at times, especially in the first half. But there's only so much you can do when you're surrounded by players not at your level. The writing is on the wall...