The player who left thread | Page 128 | Vital Football

The player who left thread

Very noticable when Jack was taken off for the last ten minutes we had no-one in the middle to hold the ball and it just kept coming back to us.
I did think at that time we may have shot ourselves in the foot.
Gardiner missed two sitters and it shows how much we miss him and a player of his type who can keep the ball and use it higher up the park.

Brian Little walks on water Jack is starting to walk on it too for me :bow:

It's been a long time since we've seen a player with his type of ability and influence. Think yesterdays events will only strengthen his feelings towards the Villa. That knowing smile as he sat on the ground in the aftermath of being assaulted tells you all you need to know about his attitude - fearless and defiant.

Our best chance of becoming a decent Premier League side rests with him. His leaving would be a kick in the balls on a par with relegation.

I find it interesting that he made sure everyone knew he is an Aston Villa fan. He is always talked about us as his boyhood club but yesterday affirmed his allegiance to the club now. I think this is quite a major development

Very impressed with Jack, as said his showing of maturity and how he has grown up over the last couple of years are eveident for all to see in that scummy blues match, take a bow Jack and then hold your head high. UTV

I keep saying we're not a one man team. But he seems to be proving me wrong. That last 5 or 10 minutes after he went off I could hardly watch.
He's such a presence. He don't score many goals but when he does there well worth the wait. That'll be one he never forgets.

If we don't get in the play offs Jack grealish will be sold and become a great player and I for one will enjoy watching him become that player because he is that good.

I understand that the Blues have to have someone to hate. But don't quite understand why it's worse with Grealish than it was with players like Gabby, who deliberately went out his way to taunt and get under their skin, or Olof who made specific public statements on his hatred for them. To my knowledge, Grealish has never said anything of that ilk. Is it just pure 100% jealousy?

He's already half way to being a club legend. I'm very pleased for him. Now, all he has to do is get us up this season, keep us up next season and then he can go to Real Madrid for £200m.

I understand that the Blues have to have someone to hate. But don't quite understand why it's worse with Grealish than it was with players like Gabby, who deliberately went out his way to taunt and get under their skin, or Olof who made specific public statements on his hatred for them. To my knowledge, Grealish has never said anything of that ilk. Is it just pure 100% jealousy?

Yes, they are scum. They define themselves by hate. I think they particularly hate the local lads because it ruins their bullshit about everyone in Birmingham being a filthy nose.

I'm starting to believe Jack will stay at Villa. Just a feeling and I my be misguided but he obviously loves the club.

We are miles off being a premier league team but we might get lucky and get 6th spot.

Are we? In terms of personel and assuming we could keep our loan players... Mings, Chester, McGinn, Grealish, Hourihane and Abraham would walk into most mid-table prem sides.

I know some would scoff at Hourihane, but I'm looking at it from an Ashley Westwood perspective. if he's good enough to play for a mid table prem team then Hourihane definitely is..... the standard in the bottom half of the prem is pretty pants.... it's all about having a good manager...... :slap: