The player who left thread | Page 81 | Vital Football

The player who left thread

Think the sale of the better assets was about cash flow as much as it was about FFP personally - but I am only guessing.

surely our gaping ffp hole has been filled (for the time being) by the large wad that's just been pumped into the club
mmmmm baby as fat harry white might have said

we can at least negotiate from a position of relative strength if Jack wants to go

No, that's investment into the club and/or Xia - it's not football related activity therein means fuck all MON mate.

Think of it in terms of the Holte Pub - Match day revenue in the pub counts towards FFP as consumables sales as it's related to 'match day' action. Holte pub every other day of the week counts towards our 'accounts' and 'cash flow' and overall club revenue BUT does not count towards FFP revenue because it's no longer revenue based on ongoing football operation.

Chelsea's hotel can only include revenue when they play, a local shopping parade owned by a club can only count match days as FFP revenue etc. The rest of the time it's non football related revenue, so FFP discounts it.

Doesn't stop them thinking outside the box now.

Plenty of ways around it if you have the money these guys have.

Yes, outside the box is the go-to for me. FFP has not changed 'yet' just because they've come through the door. It could quickly if they've come through the door with ideas outside of 'sell players'.

Got a nice story for early next week on a Villa fan, who does post on here at times, who was looking at ways for us to raise the money to buy Jack's contract. It is an interesting story. He was lucky enough to talk to me several times Xia whilst exploring.

I was worried at the time if something was done it would just bail out Xia and delay his need for investment. But I did so admire what he was looking to do. Will release the full details now I have permission, just need to write the article. There were of course all sorts of complications but the fact someone was putting themselves out and trying to do something positive I thought was outstanding.

Jack isn't one of the high earners so selling him doesn't do much for FFP , only cashflow , which now isn't a burning issue

No, no no......

Jack isn't one of the high earners so it does little for cash flow.

FFP - a £20m transfer fee does something significant to lol

To be fair, £20m helps both cash flow and FFP. Question is, do we now need it? The Mail's argument is based on unsupported "estimates" by an "expert" (they may of course be right, but look way out to me).

Selling jack won't help FFP
Selling McCormack Richards Jedinak Lansbury would help
If we sold him for £20m that’s all profit and would certainly make a huge impact on FFP

The 4 players you have mentioned would potentially save around £8m a year in wages based on reported contract but none are likely to be sold for profit and in the case of McCormack would actually be a negative impact as the loss on transfer fee would probably outweigh the first years wages saved at least. That’s if any clubs would even want to take on any of those players anyway

Really we need to get rid of as many high earners as we can either on transfers or loans with options to buy

PMSL

Is it worth me trying to explain again LOL

And I won't fuck off - I don't want him sold either, you fuck off, or we both fuck off. I don't fucking know anymore! You've broke me!:guiness::guiness::guiness:

If we sold him for £20m that’s all profit and would certainly make a huge impact on FFP

The 4 players you have mentioned would potentially save around £8m a year in wages based on reported contract but none are likely to be sold for profit and in the case of McCormack would actually be a negative impact as the loss on transfer fee would probably outweigh the first years wages saved at least. That’s if any clubs would even want to take on any of those players anyway

Really we need to get rid of as many high earners as we can either on transfers or loans with options to buy
Yup Jack's the headline on FFP because it's pure jam in accounts...and it's saleable for FFP because of the expected sum. The others might not be jam on transfer fee, but that's where wages help.