The player who left thread | Page 72 | Vital Football

The player who left thread

Grealish will not be at Villa next season (unless he is loaned back to us by one of the rich clubs) so I couldn't care less about his tweets. It is now just a case of how much we will get for him.

Good Times hmmmm, we are a car crash at the moment so if he's leaving he wouldn't take the piss and rub it in, he is the only villa fan in the 1st team and our best player, maybe he has got wind of something.

I don't think he'd tweet good times and a heart if he was leaving villa.
Either it's good news re villa I pray / hope.
Or maybe he's mrs is expecting or some personal good news .

Question for everyone - why would Grealish go to our pre-season camp if, (as the press keep telling us) we are only haggling over the price.

I have no inside information, but I can't see that a transfer is inevitable at all. One recent press story actually stated that we had not even had an approach. Anyone else find the cr@p in the press infuriating atm?

Compare selling Grealish to bring in money and getting an outside party to buy Villa or a slice of Villa; the latter wins every time. If the latter can be done, then no need to sell Grealish, unless we're offered a large enough sum to make it worth while, which we won't be.

Only advantage to selling is that it helps with FFP, but even there a fine for breaking it is probably preferable, and there are other options.

So, the club won't do anything while it's exploring financing options. So, all media "facts" are lies.

Did I dream that we have until January to sort out our financial fair play
situation

Leave it until January and clubs (if we have to sell) we'll have to accept whatever is offered so we're in a worse position.