The player who left thread | Page 71 | Vital Football

The player who left thread

At Monday's crucial board meeting, acting deputy chief executive Luke Organ painted a more optimistic picture of the club's finances and, while not ruling it out, suggested they may not be forced to sell the youngster.

It's a joke isn't it JPA?

And in the process, stall those young players careers or even ruin them altogether. Players like Jack at this stage of his career need to keep playing, but snapping him up and sending him out on loan (like the 40 something youngsters Chelsea have out on loan) is not the answer. Players like Jack should develop at one club, preferably this one, the one he loves.

I hate modern football.

They, along with Man City, just go around hoovering up all the promising youngsters, especially if they are English, on the off-chance one of them will make it big, and to stop anyone else potentially lucking out in the same way.
Yup remember Chelsea snatching up some lad from the Baggies - cusp of first team breakthrough and if he'd hit the ground badly he would've still likely got 10 odd games as they brought him on. Never heard of him since.

Who was the lad we had that jumped ship to Arsenal..Cowley? Heard he went to Belgium or Holland....nothing since and at least under Wenger Arsenal did bring through youth!

Financial Fair Play allows a top team to hoover up young talent and send them straight out on loan (to a club of their choice mostly), its hideous the new game, chavski had almost 30 players on loan last season , how is that fair in any way shape or form ?

Friend of mine assured me he's off to Man Ure for 30million and that Swansea had signed Chester.
We'll have to put up with this shit until we start signing people and the transfer window shuts.