The player who left thread | Page 62 | Vital Football

The player who left thread

For me the speculation is odd. He’s the pin up boy at his boyhood club, playing with a smile on his face and loved by the fans. So why would he move to a smaller club (albeit in the big time) who are mid table at best?

If this was Liverpool or arsenal being linked I’d be concerned, however Leicester? Na.

Isn’t his villa supporting dad his agent too, or have I dreamt that? I’m sure I read that once on t’internet

£20 million is just silly talk. £40m and I don't think (if we haven't gone up) the club could afford not to take the money.

He’s recently been in the best form of his short career but somehow you still manage to have a dig at the manager/coaches who have gotten him to this point... what he used to do was stand still, high up the pitch, and wait for the ball. Now he moves around and looks for the ball because he now understands that staying in the same place and waiting makes him nice and easy to mark. They must have made his new shackles out of titanium so that he can move more freely in them..

The mythical shackles that see us only having scored less goals this season than Wolves and Fulham?.

Might not be as expansive as we would like but to suggest that we play with shackles is well OTT.

But then some people have an agenda. So let's not have the truth getting in the way of ANOTHER thread being turned into dig at Bruce.

He’s recently been in the best form of his short career but somehow you still manage to have a dig at the manager/coaches who have gotten him to this point... what he used to do was stand still, high up the pitch, and wait for the ball. Now he moves around and looks for the ball because he now understands that staying in the same place and waiting makes him nice and easy to mark. They must have made his new shackles out of titanium so that he can move more freely in them..

If my opinion is 'having a dig' then so be it, call it what you like, whatever you like - ok

As Holte Lower hasn't enlightened us as to what Tom Cairney was doing at Jack Grealish's current age I can report that Cairney at 22 in season 2013/14 , was playing in the championship for Blackburn on loan from Hull.

He had made his senior debut in Hull's relegation from the premier league season of 2009/10 as an 18 year old. He then went on to play for Hull as they eventually got promoted back up in 2013. So by then he was 22. So what happened then as he reached the age our own Mr Grealish is?. Was he the finished article, the key man as Hull resumed their premier league status. Errrrr, no ....He was loaned to Blackburn in the EFL. Presumably to get the required ability to help Hull in the premier league?. Or did he tear the EFL up and bag a top club move. Not quite though!, as he was sold to Blackburn and then subsequently Fulham again whom were entrenched in the EFL. Where now as a 27 year old he will be playing in the top flight for the first time since he was 18 years old. Nearly 10 years.

Like I said in response to this Grealish/Cairney comparison . Horse shit.

Money talks, if the right offer comes into the players agent then it is the job of the agent to unsettle the player by telling how much his new club will give him as a signing on fee and that the club he is signing for will pay him £100,000 a week to start with rising to £150,000 a week along with bonuses for finishing top four in the league and Cup bonuses and add a few more mi££ions to his pressure.

Sadly its not about the clubs wishes its about the agents wishes, did I mention there may be the odd million in it for the agent?

Once a player is in the last 18 months of his contract the agents start having a financial shitfit before sounding out other clubs agents etc.

Jack Grealish has 2 years left on his contract so expect this conversation to be more real 12 months down the road.

His dad is his agent, I believe. Might make a bit of difference.

Unless one of the top 6 come in for him at a suitable level I think he'll stay for another year. Then if we're promoted he'll still stay. Unless one of the top 6 come in for him at a suitable level.

Top 6??? No perhaps half that. Think Guardiola would be hard to refuse.

McParland is right that Jack's dad is his agent. His Dad and family are villa mad so it would take something extra special for him leaving villa park to happen. Rest easier over Jack. Jack's agent is one of us and it's not about money there

McParland is right that Jack's dad is his agent. His Dad and family are villa mad so it would take something extra special for him leaving villa park to happen. Rest easier over Jack. Jack's agent is one of us and it's not about money there

Kef I wish I could believe.......