The player who left thread | Page 61 | Vital Football

The player who left thread

Sir Brian had the best touch and balance of any Villa player I've seen. Whilst he has a long, long way to go to match him, Jack has that ability to glide effortlessly with the ball. If he can use it to hurt the opposition consistently, then we might have a season or two of him before his head is turned as a result of becoming an England regular.

Would be nice to think (hope) that the Villa could satisfy his ambitions if he begins to apply himself consistently. At least we have an owner who has Champions League ambitions too :177:

I think he's super smashing great , best Thing I've seen in a Villa shirt for years and yes probably since Sir Brian himself .
I'm happy with his pace because if he had blistering pace he'd be on Man Cities bench come May

Has the talent to go a long, long way. And I’m convinced he’ll continue to get better all-round game by game. Great player to watch on his good days. But nice to see him also becoming a reliable team player. Long may it continue.

He will be a marked man now which will be a further challenge for him. But i have no problem with that as if a team is burning a player to worry about Jack than that should open up gaps eleswhere.

He has set a standard now but we still need to be aware he is young and will dip in form. What will tell us alot is him being able to get his form back when he has a dip. Great time for him to step up to the plate like he has though .

Here's a fact that surprised me from the BBC:

Grealish is five appearances short of a century for Villa.

I would have had the number at about half that. Good for him.

Still, the war hasn't been won for Jack yet. The same things that made him unable to fulfil his potential until now are still there. We've had too many kids over the years who could do it for 10 games and then faded away. I really don't want Jack to be one of them.

Yeah, Bruce has done a great job overall. Turning around this sinking ship was no easy task.

Oh, you mean Grealish? Yeah, he has done okay in fits and starts.

Without Bruce we could easily be where Sunderland are now

I've heard a few people say this but I just can't see it. With learner still in charge we could very well have ended up in league 1 but any idiot should have been able to make a go of it with the squad we had last season. Kodjia alone could have kept most teams up.

I sit on the fence with this one.

Steve you've a squad that is the envy of the league even the teams around us and Wolves would surely like a few of our players too. You fucked tremendously at times and for that there are few excuses.

On the flip side he was without Jack and Kodjia and Terry at varying times throughout the season. 3 nailed on starters but you can also flip it the other way that he should have figured out how to get Hogan into the game, that again is another thing you can spin onto the player and not the manager.

Ultimately as I saw elsewhere in the forum, Bruce turned us around when we going the wrong way and the relationship between the team and fans is significantly repaired. That in itself is a gigantic achievement and in some ways should be enough but in my opinion sometimes you have to be brave and throw the dice. Wolves are being rewarded for such an action as were Southampton when they appointed Pocchetino.

I don't advocate getting rid of him but I do think the board should be brave if the right opportunity presented itself.

Bit late now, I didn't spot the headline could be read a different way lol And this one has taken on a life of its own!

Said it before, be gutted to see his best years spent at another club. Should we fail, if he were turn down a big money move, stay and continue to develop, legendary status would surely be his. Big if I know, and the club could decide to cash in anyway.