The player who left thread | Page 59 | Vital Football

The player who left thread

The Fear - 4/2/2018 13:22

He's a flair player, god knows England could do with some flair. I actually think with more skill around him, he'd be even better as well.

If he has a stellar finish to the season and we get promoted on his shoulders, who knows? Stranger things have happened. But in all likelihood, it is far too soon, even for a squad place.

England managers - Southgate included - seem to have a rigidity of thinking and we all know our midfield will be drawn from Dier, Henderson, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Alli and Wilshere. We all know, also, that we will crash out early, either group stage or second round. It is such a painful experience watching England play.

No. Keep him away from England , they will only drag him down to their level .

Plus he is bound to get tapped up as well.

Nope, we don't want him in the shop window. He'll get there, but no rush. Southgate seems reasonably sensible, and hopefully will move away from throwing in whoever just happens to be player of the moment.

I'd be surprised if next season he wasn't getting called up to the England squad though.

Southgate is known to be a big fan of his and God knows that England midfield could do with something a little bit different. Most English midfielders are either bigger, stronger versions of Westwood or pure pacey wingers. Not many have the skills Jack has, which is one of the reasons he divides opinion so much. Too soon for him though as this last month of so has been the only really consistent time of his career so far. I half think that this was put up to wind holtelower up.

Agreed JW85... strangely got accused of this article being click-bait on the front page (nice poster, no problems) but rather confused by that !

But I do hope not, we lose players when they go and play for England!

JuanPabloAngel - 4/2/2018 11:38

There is no chance of him going to the World Cup, let's not get too carried away.

Honestly I'm not getting carried away.

England lack flair, he has flair. In a team of better skill around him, he'll show even more flair.

Some players blossom on the big stage.

He won't though, we aren't Man Utd, Arsenal etc where just playing for them makes them the bestest ever ever ever, even when they are untested, hardly played and bang average!

I think they would have to exhaust the list of premier league players first before looking at Grealish

There are plenty of players who can play in his position as an attacking midfielder; Alli, Lallana, Lingaard, Barkley, Whilshere, Ward-prowse, oxlade-chamberlain, Loftus-cheek, who would all be ahead of him in the pecking order right now.

Interesting concept but no it won't happen for this next world cup.

More likely he will be bought by Man City never get a game and be playing for Sunderland within a couple of years .

Actually. Come to think of it not being first choice at a sky 4 club stands you in good stead for getting picked for England nowadays. So maybe euro 2020 .

That's the worry MD especially if we don't go up and if we don't, we will have to take any big offers that come in.

I'd not be surprised to see Green also targeted (he was linked to Arsenal a few weeks back)

Fingers crossed we go up then!

Let's hope not. If he makes the England squad he's gone
Even under O'Neill when we were half decent we couldn't keep hold of our best players

How good was Jack yesterday?!?!

Unbelievably good is the answer!!!! He should be in the next England squad if he keeps up this form, I don't care if he's not playing in the top flight.

He was outstanding - showed real maturity in the face of predictable Small Heath hacking and is now turning in performances week in, week out.

All credit to the boy.

Grealish has shown improvement in his all around game since coming back from injury but, to be considered as approaching anything like top class, he has to include an end product to his game a lot more often.

I'd argue that 4 assists and 1 goal in 9 appearances is a pretty decent end product.

Just hope he can keep it up now.

DeanoVilla - 12/2/2018 14:06

I'd argue that 4 assists and 1 goal in 9 appearances is a pretty decent end product.

Just hope he can keep it up now.

And I'd argue that its nowhere near enough to be classed as top class.
Although as I said, a great improvement on his previous displays.

The way he runs at players.... we just haven't had a player like that in the middle of the pitch for so so long.

Ask any defender what they hate, and they'll all tell you it's a tricky player running at them at pace.

His confidence is sky high and he just looks special at the moment.

Yes . The way he seems to glide past players and leave them standing is brilliant. It's a sign of a class player when he seems to have more time than anyone else.

Just looked De Bruyne's ratio of assists and goals is one every 1.28 games and Grealish's is every 1.8 games so I would argue that the end product is very much there 1958.