The player who left thread | Page 473 | Vital Football

The player who left thread

No chance ,in my opinion Grealish is gone. We've spent some days trying to convince him otherwise but his head is elsewhere and he's turned his back on the club and the project. Massive blow to the club and the owners and us fans. Start thinking who next Watkins, Mings ?
If Jack turns his back on us, so be it. I don't think he will, but he might.

But that has absolutely no relevance to what Watkins, Mings and others do. We shed the selling club image when the current owners took over. The club has been very careful to ensure that as we improve so do the players get rewarded. Very few clubs are doing as much. We have a strategy to keep the players we need and by and large it works.

17 months ago we got to the Carabao Cup final, which we lost 2-1 to ... Man C. Not far off. We can win stuff this coming season. We now have a squad which can really compete in the cups. Unlikely in the PL, yet. But we're going in the right direction.

If Leicester can do it, so can we.
Whilst LCFC sold some good players they kept their main talisman Jamie Vardy. Huge Difference

Just to recap what we know so far:

Man Citeh have made a £100m bid for Jack.
Citeh haven't made a bid yet but have asked Jack to hand in a transfer request so that they can bid less.
Citeh have triggered Jack's £100m buyout clause.
Jack doesn't have a buyout clause.
Jack is going to sign a new contract at Villa.
Jack is going to sign for Citeh.
Citeh never spend more than £60m on players.
Citeh are going to spend £100m on Jack and £150m on Kane.
Citeh are going to sign both Jack and Kane.
Citeh can't afford to sign both Jack and Kane.
Citeh want to sign Jack ahead of Kane.
Citeh are using Jack as a negotiating tactic against Spurs.
Citeh aren't interested in Jack.
Citeh aren't interested in Kane.
We have spent the Jack money on Buendia, JWP and Bailey.
We spend more than £100m every transfer window.

I hope that clears things up.

Just to recap what we know so far:

Man Citeh have made a £100m bid for Jack.
Citeh haven't made a bid yet but have asked Jack to hand in a transfer request so that they can bid less.
Citeh have triggered Jack's £100m buyout clause.
Jack doesn't have a buyout clause.
Jack is going to sign a new contract at Villa.
Jack is going to sign for Citeh.
Citeh never spend more than £60m on players.
Citeh are going to spend £100m on Jack and £150m on Kane.
Citeh are going to sign both Jack and Kane.
Citeh can't afford to sign both Jack and Kane.
Citeh want to sign Jack ahead of Kane.
Citeh are using Jack as a negotiating tactic against Spurs.
Citeh aren't interested in Jack.
Citeh aren't interested in Kane.
We have spent the Jack money on Buendia, JWP and Bailey.
We spend more than £100m every transfer window.

I hope that clears things up.
Ok Boris, what do you think?

All these photos of Jack posing with fans look like he's embarrassed, sheepish certainly not the Jack we see when he's happy. This is the most worrying thing for me, id we had photos of him with SJM having a laugh that would be different. He looks like he's in a bad place

Maybe he feels embarrassed about all of the circus going on so that he can become slightly richer than he would already be?

My view on this debacle is that Jack, after a lot of soul searching, is favouring a move to Man City. I don't think he is 100% committed to this and is struggling due to his loyalty to Villa.

NSWE are doing everything within their power to try and persuade Jack to stay hence how long deliberations have gone on.

The end result? Still not a clue.

No chance ,in my opinion Grealish is gone. We've spent some days trying to convince him otherwise but his head is elsewhere and he's turned his back on the club and the project. Massive blow to the club and the owners and us fans. Start thinking who next Watkins, Mings ?

Sadly that's how I see it too. He's chosen to leave at a time when we have the best opportunity in a very long period to achieve something.

You could see it as being that he left whilst we were on the up, but i think he's sent us 2 steps back from the cusp of something good.

England camp has turned his head.

My view on this debacle is that Jack, after a lot of soul searching, is favouring a move to Man City. I don't think he is 100% committed to this and is struggling due to his loyalty to Villa.

NSWE are doing everything within their power to try and persuade Jack to stay hence how long deliberations have gone on.

The end result? Still not a clue.

In that case he should go. He's world class and we all love him....but it's pointless having a player at the club that doesn't really want to be here.

Could be that im just over the saga bit I think I'm in the 100% negative camp now. He's gone in my opinion. I also reckon he's been gone a whiie now. The circus has been really odd. i'd be surprised if it's actually been up in the air like we had hoped it would.

Maybe it was done to give the club a better image, or more leverage with transfers. Struggle to see either working. Gave us hope too which is a bit of a pisser. Hope I'm wrong

I think I agree, i've tried to be as positive as i can be about the situation and it just seems to be going 1 way now. Still keeping a glimmer of hope but haven't got a lot left. Its mad to see him turn his back on us at a time like this. He's had chance after chance to go and he chooses now. Possibly the worst time to leave us when on the up. Oh well, we move forwards.

I’m tending towards the feeling that he’s leaving. This is dragging on far too long. The only slight hope I have is that the length of the dithering means that there is still some doubt. Either that or the fine details are still being worked out.
If the details are the case then I believe our owners won’t be bounced into some compromise and that they’ll wring every possible advantage out of the situation.

I think he is staying. I'm confident.
But if he really wants to go.... Fine. Even if he signs a new contract we will still get this bullshit next year. Buy out clause bla bla bla. It will just happen every year.
If he really wants to go... And it happens... Fine. Don't get stressed. If 6 or 7 ish years he would have retired. But Aston villa will still be here.
We will EVENTUALLY lose him. By hook or by crook.

I think I agree, i've tried to be as positive as i can be about the situation and it just seems to be going 1 way now. Still keeping a glimmer of hope but haven't got a lot left. Its mad to see him turn his back on us at a time like this. He's had chance after chance to go and he chooses now. Possibly the worst time to leave us when on the up. Oh well, we move forwards.
I think the big point wrong here is that he hasn't had any chance to Dr in away from us before, no one placed a bid on him. Spurs one a few years ago was vetoed by the owners. The only thing we can say that he has done is not throw his toys out the pram and force us to put him up for sale.

Does anyone think that the owners and Purslow would let it drag on so long if he were going ? They aren't fools and no way can I see that they would leave it until 10 days before the season starting to have something of this magnitude happening.

Not just me then. Thought I was going mad being the only one in thinking this. The gospel reading in here is that because it’s taking so long it means he is leaving. Why couldnt it be the other way ?.

No one knows do they. Late last night Sky said villa have yet to respond to the bid. Daily Fail say this morning the deal is edging closer.

Does anyone think that the owners and Purslow would let it drag on so long if he were going ? They aren't fools and no way can I see that they would leave it until 10 days before the season starting to have something of this magnitude happening.
I think in his head, he’s gone. But city haven’t got to £100m yet & owners won’t sell for less. City hope that time will force us to accept less but we won’t. That’s the delay but who knows?

Not just me then. Thought I was going mad being the only one in thinking this. The gospel reading in here is that because it’s taking so long it means he is leaving. Why couldnt it be the other way ?.

No one knows do they. Late last night Sky said villa have yet to respond to the bid. Daily Fail say this morning the deal is edging closer.
yep a deal is edging closer, either he signs for Man City or he signs a lifetime contract with Villa , as we can't have this every summer for the next 4 years

No point adding to the speculation personally, or what ifs etc or trying to get inside Jack's head as I don't know the bloke.

All I do is watch carefully what's going on with the Kane transfer farce as if that gets agreed then I am assuming that Citeh won't sanction 2 massive transfers in the same window and Jack is staying at least until January!