The player who left thread | Page 428 | Vital Football

The player who left thread

Just f**ks me right off that it's dragging on and on and on and....etc.

All this speculation is disrupting our season the longer it goes on. Man City should put up the money or p*ss off. Jack should tell his agent he is staying and have done with it. If only life was that easy.

Right I'm clearly hangry so I'm off to eat last nights left over curry. I'll feel much better when I'm back from lunch!

The worry is that he didn't sign his contract last summer until Sept 15th, so if this summer pans out a similar way then we could easily have another 6 weeks of this.

All this speculation is disrupting our season the longer it goes on. Man City should put up the money or p*ss off. Jack should tell his agent he is staying and have done with it. If only life was that easy.

Right I'm clearly hangry so I'm off to eat last nights left over curry. I'll feel much better when I'm back from lunch!

Fcuked off with the papers and media who are stirring it up constantly. Not sure why you would be fcuked off with the club or SJ. All this is not their doing. He is contracted and hasn't got to constantly deny things. He could be contracted for the next 20 years and this would still go on.

I'm not sure it is disrupting us that much. The club & Jack will have a far better idea of what will happen than we do and will not be taking the slightest bit of notice of what is out there in the media.
We had exactly the same talk the end of last season and after the window had slammed shut! it turned out no club had even contacted us with any sort of bid

One thing I have not seen stated anywhere. I have been Villa mad man and boy and I am told Grealish is the same. If I were him, I could not bear to play against the Villa at Villa Park no matter how much wonga was involved.

This is where Grealish is different from :guns:Hodge, Yorke, Young, Milner, Delph etc who really had no emotional attachment to the club.

(I am sad. I have still not forgiven that ***** Hodge even after all these years).

One thing I have not seen stated anywhere. I have been Villa mad man and boy and I am told Grealish is the same. If I were him, I could not bear to play against the Villa at Villa Park no matter how much wonga was involved.

This is where Grealish is different from :guns:Hodge, Yorke, Young, Milner, Delph etc who really had no emotional attachment to the club.

(I am sad. I have still not forgiven that ***** Hodge even after all these years).

I think I said that on page 163 , and again on page 274 and probably on page 334 as well.

JT always said that he could never play against Chelsea.

Quite frankly we're going to have this every single year that Jack stays. It's best to assume he's gone and anything else is a bonus.

Gregg Evans has alluded to the fact its all setup, both parties happy to make a deal, Jack happy to go, aslong as City pay the asking price (although he has it at £100m).

It'll be a sad day when it happens. And I don't think he should go. But im 75% certain he will. Hope im wrong.

Quite frankly we're going to have this every single year that Jack stays. It's best to assume he's gone and anything else is a bonus.

Gregg Evans has alluded to the fact its all setup, both parties happy to make a deal, Jack happy to go, aslong as City pay the asking price (although he has it at £100m).

It'll be a sad day when it happens. And I don't think he should go. But im 75% certain he will. Hope im wrong.

I wouldn't take too much notice of these clickbait articles.

Lol. No I think you are right . I don't think Super Jack could bear wearing another teams shirt at Villa Park , which is why I think if he moved it would be abroad.

Being a professional footballer surely comes before being a Villa fan. However, being captain of Aston Villa with a possibility of silverware may outweigh guaranteed silverware in potentially a bit part role. His aspiration and self belief may be to emulate De Bruyne in which case he could play virtually every week. However, I think he may stay this year.

Being a professional footballer surely comes before being a Villa fan. However, being captain of Aston Villa with a possibility of silverware may outweigh guaranteed silverware in potentially a bit part role. His aspiration and self belief may be to emulate De Bruyne in which case he could play virtually every week. However, I think he may stay this year.

I think he has had more than enough of taste of being left out for England to know it's not for him

I try not to - however the Athletic seems a little bit more legitimate.

Im hoping that Jack wants to stay more than anything. Im also hoping Citehs recent court issues mean they're pausing spending.

The Athletic is just another clickbait site - it's how they get subscribers.

Does Jack even have a release clause in his contract as if not then they have no chance of signing him. I can't see NSWE caving in no matter what the price.
You only have to see what Edens has done with the Bucks and retaining their star player. Why on earth would he sanction the sale of Grealish?

If ever there was an example of retaining your star players in order to be successful that is it.

Last edited:
Agreed. If he was a real Villa fan that's what he'd do. :fish:

Well it's true isn't it? This is supposedly Mr Aston Villa one of our own. Surely the speculation about jumping ship would be offending him a bit. Quite frankly I dislike both scenarios, if Jack is allowing this to continue to leverage more money out of Villa then that's bad form on his part after just receiving a new deal. He could always commit to staying and sort his pay rise out in the coming weeks as he has years left on his current deal anyway. If he is allowing it to continue because he is interested in leaving then that will be a big blow to the club. If it was simply a question of him getting a pay rise the club and the player could kill it today. Sadly I think the owners are interested in a sale and the player is interested in a move.

From Jack's point of view I don't think money comes into it. City would offer him more but our owners can still offer him a big upgrade on what he's getting now.

Career-wise it's not clear cut. City don't really need him, we do. We're building for the future; a lot of "big clubs" are struggling to stand still.