The player who left thread | Page 383 | Vital Football

The player who left thread

Sat with 3x baggies fans.....each ones has said:
'most fouled player? What a pathetic stat - all he does is dive'
'hes overrated, I thought he was shit in both friendlies'
'Sterling is a better option anyway, much better player'
'he constantly slowing the game down all the time'.

You couldn't find a more clueless bunch.

or as one stat said, earns more fouls. Half wouldn't have been back in the day and I miss football from back in the day. It is what it is now.... crap!

Yes, he does look for fouls just as other players also do in every other team.

It's part of the game now and it's yet another nail in the coffin for the game we love.

I detest most of all the fake screaming and rolling around trying to get a fellow pro sent off or booked.

Think back to the likes of George Best etc riding brutal tackles just trying to beat someone with determination and endeavour and get one over another player with skill.

Those days are well-gone mate.

I'm beyond caring if he's a diver to be honest. Virtually every player is nowadays and if they aren't they suffer for it. There's at least 2 occasions where Ollie could have gone down and got a penalty but didn't and got nothing. Another perfect example in the game I've just watched. The Welsh defender pretty much tearing off Embolos shirt off his back. Its a foul and a penalty but Embolo stays up and gets nothing out of it. All very noble but Bale would have gone down and won the game for his team.

I'd love every player on every team to play with the corinthian spirit of fairness and sportsmanship but its not going to happen and nor has it ever happened btw. There have always been cheats, divers and dirty bastards. The only difference now is we've got more replays and exposure to it.

I'm beyond caring if he's a diver to be honest. Virtually every player is nowadays and if they aren't they suffer for it. There's at least 2 occasions where Ollie could have gone down and got a penalty but didn't and got nothing. Another perfect example in the game I've just watched. The Welsh defender pretty much tearing off Embolos shirt off his back. Its a foul and a penalty but Embolo stays up and gets nothing out of it. All very noble but Bale would have gone down and won the game for his team.

I'd love every player on every team to play with the corinthian spirit of fairness and sportsmanship but its not going to happen and nor has it ever happened btw. There have always been cheats, divers and dirty bastards. The only difference now is we've got more replays and exposure to it.

The game went about 10/15 years ago I'd say. I'd almost go as far to say as its coached into them much like knowing when to be cynical and take a player out.

Its not so much the diving, its the rolling around like a pussy that gets me. Grealish isnt as theatrical as others but he can be bad at times. I forget who it was, maybe a Leeds player but I distinctly remember a centre back rolling around like they chopped off his leg. He was trying to get someone sent off, maybe it was Watkins? And Watkins just pulled him up and he still kept acting like he was hurt. He wasnt even touched. Fannies!

It's amazing to me that they're not embarrassed by the carry-on. I guess when you make so much who cares.

Yes, he does look for fouls just as other players also do in every other team.

It's part of the game now and it's yet another nail in the coffin for the game we love.

I detest most of all the fake screaming and rolling around trying to get a fellow pro sent off or booked.

Think back to the likes of George Best etc riding brutal tackles just trying to beat someone with determination and endeavour and get one over another player with skill.

Those days are well-gone mate.

Totally agree mate. Certainly wasn't meaning just Jack. In fact, if he didn't, he'd probably get a bollocking from the manager.

Hate it though, all of it. I am not sure I'm long for this game. But every time I think that, I still end up renewing. But having to wait to know if you are allowed to celebrate or not (VAR), the recent controversy, the diving etc.

Used to be far more fun didn't it!

Anyway. I've digressed. The video above just illustrates everything that is wrong with the game for me and as you rightly say, it definitely isn't just Jack.