The player who left thread | Page 371 | Vital Football

The player who left thread

Jack’s got one flaw, he misses too many games through injury. Possibly because he burns out with us being the player the other ten want to give it to. That wouldn’t be a problem at a club that rotates top players. I’ve no idea how many games a season Messi plays but something tells me he’s never been too injury prone.

Harry Kane misses his fair share too, usually with ankle injuries. I cant see there being a shortage of takers for him

If he did leave, I'd love it to be abroad. Would be ideal for us wouldn't it? Not as ideal as him staying, but you get what I mean!

Absolutely.
I‘d be like a proud father if he went off to one of the big European clubs.
Be difficult to take seeing him play in this country in different colours to claret and blue. Said a few times before I think he would flourish even more playing abroad.

Absolutely.
I‘d be like a proud father if he went off to one of the big European clubs.
Be difficult to take seeing him play in this country in different colours to claret and blue. Said a few times before I think he would flourish even more playing abroad.

I honestly don't think Super Jack could bear to play at Villa Park in another teams colours and just can't see him moving to another PL club.

I honestly don't think Super Jack could bear to play at Villa Park in another teams colours and just can't see him moving to another PL club.

And yet him and his agent have never said so or that he would never move. In fact, end of last season when asked, he was totally non-committal, which was fair enough, his choice, but not sure where all of your 100% certain opinions come from.

What I am confident of these days, is that we won't let players go cheaply and although players have a lot of power, I can't see him in particular, stropping to get a move, ala the vile way Downing pushed for a move.

Careers are short, he knows only too well injury can curtail, we are doing well with the 'project' but he made it clear when the move to Spurs didn't happen, how he felt, if you remember the 'could have been playing in the CL and for England' stuff.

They aren't babies these people, and even if he moved, he'd still be a fan. He's doing a job, a lovely one and with a passion, but a job nonetheless.

Of course, it might all be academic if no one comes in for him, or if they don't meet whatever the price is. I have no itk, but I'd be shocked if he signed the new deal without a release clause - on that I could be totally wide of the mark, just would think the agent hadn't done his job if there wasn't one.

“Of course, there’s going to be disappointment there. You’ve just got to look at what Spurs have done this season. They’ve beaten Manchester United 3-0 at Old Trafford, they’re playing Barcelona in the Champions League next week. I felt that if I’d gone there I could have maybe been in the England squad by the end of the year. I would never have gone there just to make up the numbers.

“I would have been a squad player, obviously, because you have to look at how good their players are. But I genuinely thought that after a month or two of training, I could have really made an impact.”

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...ottenham-think-would-get-place-england-squad/

Jack's going nowhere...

Unless we make mega bucks on him.

And ps for the anally retentive amongst us - any Jack sale is pure 100% FFP jam as he came through the Academy.

I think there is a time when most fans call it a day on going to games there must be an age when it happens. I think the time for me would be when Jack goes, it would just deflate me like Andy Gray going did when I was young. At that age, I soon bounced back but at my age and the state of football I think I'd call it a day and become a plastic armchair fan

I think there is a time when most fans call it a day on going to games there must be an age when it happens. I think the time for me would be when Jack goes, it would just deflate me like Andy Gray going did when I was young. At that age, I soon bounced back but at my age and the state of football I think I'd call it a day and become a plastic armchair fan

Mine would be if the sorbet at half time wasn't served chilled enough

joking aside. Blimey. Strong words those mate

Jack's going nowhere...

Unless we make mega bucks on him.

And ps for the anally retentive amongst us - any Jack sale is pure 100% FFP jam as he came through the Academy.

basically what I’m saying. All players have a price and he obviously has ambitions

the quotes above and the question he didn’t have to answer (and the reporter was as good as saying to him not to answer) just don’t scream what some are saying, he wouldn’t play against us etc

if we can convince the best to stay then it sure will be a good summer because to do that we will definitely be bringing in some top quality players to supplement what we already have here

Honestly I just look past the Spurs comments where he had to be honest and no doubt it whetted his appetite wondering what if, and pay more attention to his bounce back and then I look at this season's comments of midtable or higher and we've basically reached that - the question is does he think he can get legend status with 12 more months and will we make the next leap.

With City in trouble FFP wise, Barca, Real in trouble - Covid, I'm also not so sure anyone would meet the release fee - and he definitely has one. He's agent's too savvy not to but I can't see it being lower than £70m, and again his potential suitors, I don't see paying that and using their whole budget on one player this year.

Least I'm hoping - particularly if someone like Kane is on the market genuinely this summer. I know it's fantasy but I'd blow our budget on Kane. move Ollie wide to play the Son role and replace Barkley permanently with Nakamba.

That would be Europe for me, at least EL but probably going off topic now lol