The player who left thread | Page 364 | Vital Football

The player who left thread

Seen this rumour doing the rounds in different sites, more poor journalism I think, I believe Jack might of had a release clause the first time round at 80m and perhaps that’s why we were in a rush to bang down a new contract, extend that contract length and wipe out that release clause that at the time, seemed like a decent sum when it was conjured up.

Now you’d want to stick 150m release clause something out of the reach for practically everyone unless someone was very serious and willing to pay over the odds, but enough cash for Villa to bring in 2-3 major replacements, I’ve just got this feeling that there’s no release clause at all, and this is just poor journalism getting mixed up with the old contract.

https://www.footballtransfertavern....-villa-source-shares-grealish-to-city-update/

I can't see that his agent/he would have signed a deal without a release clause. All speculation, but pretty standard for the top players these days.

The Jack transfer rumour season is off again I see , it really is such a shame we have slipped off the pace in the PL , if we'd had him for the last 8 games I think we would now be where West Ham are challenging for a CL spot and the silly rumours would have almost gone away.
We are now back where the media and pundits would have us plucky losers and back in the bottom half, hence sadly helping to fuel the Jack transfer bollocks yet again.
I think we need to make a couple of statement signings in the summer, It's no our way now but it may shut up a few pundits.

There again and I've just checked the rumour mills and they still have Declan Rice going to Chelsea, which must piss West ham fans off just as much as Grealish rumours piss me off

As he was going nowhere anyway it doesn't matter too much but now it's looking like if he wants to play champions league and international football he'll have to stay.

So with the furore over the European Super League not subsiding, can we now once and for all put to bed the 'Jack to United', 'Jack to City' bullshit. The view that he wants to play Champions League football and these teams are the answer is now well and truly up in the air. It could also jeopardise his England ambitions by supposedly joining one of the Big 6 or even Barca or Real.
In the shit storm that has erupted, it actually brings some further reassurance to us in terms of 'Jack is going nowhere'

Not paid that much attention to reports over the last week, has there been any talk of when he is back?