The player who left thread | Page 362 | Vital Football

The player who left thread

Quite a few people were saying at the time this will be a longer injury than the club were saying as it’s a recurrence of a previous injury which ruled him out for 2 months in our promotion season. Seems like it was only the club/Smith who thought he would be back in just a couple of weeks, and getting re-injured because he’s been rushed back is just poor management by the club

Well he`s always missed games every season, i think last season was the first time he hadn`t missed 8/10 games which he tends to be injured for since he came into squad as a kid, sometimes more if you look at his record but.........

I don`t think this is an injury, i think he has stuff going on and i personally think it`s a drinking issue which the club are trying to sort out.

I hope Jack wants to fix the problem, and that may mean a complete re-think how he lives his life off the pitch.

I want to be wrong though.
you tend to think that given the games he does miss he would be better suited at a man city where he will rotate and not play every minute of every game

Thats him being a cock .

Doesn’t indicate a drinking problem or addiction . Well not to me anyway.

Maybe its my age but I can't get my head around all this conspiracy stuff !

Yes, just saying, that sort of acting up, on top of previous things, build a picture FOR SOME and so aren't entirely surprising.

Add in mixed messages from the club, or manager, which might well be (probably or definitely is) just clumsy or Dean Smith being over optimistic, not really reporting what the medical staff might have been saying (he won't be the only manager to be optimistic about such things) it opens things up for the sort of stuff you might have seen conspiracy wise.

Wasnt, as I think you know, saying I agreed with it - or in fact, disagreed with it.

Seems a very clumsy way to have treated shin splints IF that is what it is. It might be another injury, I have no idea.

The injury appears to be self diagnosed, self assessed and just left to Jack decide when to play again. “It’s still a bit sore” doesn’t convince me he is desperate to play again soon. He may well have got past the point of wanting to carry the side all the time. If he comes back and gets dragged down into the mire of our recent performances he doesn’t go with England. If he comes back in for the last two or three games and shows glimpses of his potential he travels. If and it’s a big if, City, United, Liverpool or Chelsea come in for him he should carefully consider it because we are obviously over playing him despite only being in one competition. At City he’d be in four and could play a role in all of them having regular breaks as well.

The injury appears to be self diagnosed, self assessed and just left to Jack decide when to play again. “It’s still a bit sore” doesn’t convince me he is desperate to play again soon. He may well have got past the point of wanting to carry the side all the time. If he comes back and gets dragged down into the mire of our recent performances he doesn’t go with England. If he comes back in for the last two or three games and shows glimpses of his potential he travels. If and it’s a big if, City, United, Liverpool or Chelsea come in for him he should carefully consider it because we are obviously over playing him despite only being in one competition. At City he’d be in four and could play a role in all of them having regular breaks as well.

Disagee with every single word of this .

But then I would because I think he has a bitch of an injury, plain and simple.

My view is it suits us better he doesn't go to the Euros. No risk of injury and keep him fresh so we can make a good start next season which is going to be crucial
cant see him still being at villa next season . it seems his heads been turned by city and pep and you cant blame him with the talent he has he needs to show it on the biggest stages plus if he is doing well for city he becomes a england regular like foden and stirling but while still at villa he will always get over looked unless he is playing out of his skin each week and foden .mount stirling etc are not playing that well