The player who left thread | Page 348 | Vital Football

The player who left thread

I don’t get the talk surrounding how much we’d struggle without Jack. It puts a dampener on the rest of the squad which is slowly getting stronger and means absolutely sod all because we have got him...he’s a Villa player....so what’s the point? And if he wasn’t with us, we’d have the best part of £120m+ available to try and replace him in addition to the normal investment which seems set to continue as we grow. That would soften the blow somewhat! Recruitment these days is better than it has been for many a year so think it’s safe to say we’d end up with a more than decent replacement or two! It’s like saying Barcelona over the years without Messi wouldn’t have been so successful....but they weren’t and they were! Pointless argument.
Without Messi Barca would have been no where near as successful.

great stuff, i think the golden secret is making the ball do the work, which takes a long time to learn, when i played in the brum works league, some times the old pros ran rings around you, yet they never seemed to move, but were always in the right place i think they call it vision. seanie
When my team drew Ansells in the cup who were run by Derek Kevan. We emerged from the dressing rooms,looked at Kevan with his exspanded waist line thinking this will be easy,thoughts we regretted as the match progressed. Never managed to get a ball past him

Without Messi Barca would have been no where near as successful.
That argument can go on forever though if it wasn't for Schmicheal and Cantona Newcastle would have pissed the league it's a fair assumption but basically that's all it is.

That argument can go on forever though if it wasn't for Schmicheal and Cantona Newcastle would have pissed the league it's a fair assumption but basically that's all it is.
I don't know about that. Something about them not having one of the very best players of all time who has scored like 670 goals and over 300 assists for them might make it more than an assumption. Which players would they have signed to replace that sort of output?

When my team drew Ansells in the cup who were run by Derek Kevan. We emerged from the dressing rooms,looked at Kevan with his exspanded waist line thinking this will be easy,thoughts we regretted as the match progressed. Never managed to get a ball past him

i can vouch for that and one or two more, including jimmy Mckeuwan, sorry for spelling his name wrong, i loved the ansells ground, it was like playing at Wembley and afterwards a few jars in the club, another time i brought a young team from the black country to play the villa kids and got hammered 15 nil, it should have been a draw seanie

I'm not sure I follow. Smith's management has taken us from a bottom half Championship team to a currently top 8 Premier League team, so how does not playing Davis make his judgement questionable? Smith isn't perfect and has his faults but not giving Davis (more) of a go is not one of them.
Not sure how much is down to Smith? Without Grealish we'd probably still be languishing mid table in the championship

So why didn't Jack bother then before Smith came in? He could have got us promoted the first season we were down.
Something which Smith and the coaches he brought in never seem to get credit for is for improving Grealish. Grealish has never, ever looked as good as he does under Smith. He was a worse player under the overrated dinosaur Steve Bruce. Smith has massively improved Grealish's game.

I don't know about that. Something about them not having one of the very best players of all time who has scored like 670 goals and over 300 assists for them might make it more than an assumption. Which players would they have signed to replace that sort of output?
Don't get me wrong he's been unreal but if they hadn't had him they might have got Ronaldo or someone else who was prolific successful teams build a team around their best player so who knows what would have happened.

Not sure how much is down to Smith? Without Grealish we'd probably still be languishing mid table in the championship

In truth Smith got us relegated last season. We were saved by a VAR error against Sheffield United. This season Grealish improved and he has been worth 2 or 3 places in the league.

In truth Smith got us relegated last season. We were saved by a VAR error against Sheffield United. This season Grealish improved and he has been worth 2 or 3 places in the league.

Nope. And last time I looked we weren't relegated either. Also we are 8 place higher than where we finished last season , so apart from the above your post is spot on.

I haven't seen anything to say Jack's out, is he ? If he is I expect him to be out 2 months like when he had this problem before. It's time DS started to say what the truth is.

Why would he want to let the opposition know before he needs to. It’s unlikely he’ll be ready but better to keep Wolves guessing